Finest Hour

Ruby pov

BANG

Another shot goes off in a empty shooting range, a little girl with a Hand Cannon stands in a shooting position.

'Another headshot,' thought Ruby.

"You should be in bed," said Glynda, walking towards the red themed girl.

"I can't," Ruby said, holstering Red Spaid.

"Why?" asked Glynda. Ruby then looked down as a tear went down her cheek.

"I keep on seeing Jaune, him bleeding out on the ground." Said Ruby as glynda pulled the petite girl into a hug.

"I'm not supposed to do this or offer to do this... but would you like to sleep with me tonight?" Offered Glynda, Ruby simply hugged her teacher tighter. They went over to the teacher's dorm and they got changed into nightwear. Ruby receiving one of Glynda's that she doesn't use any more. They climbed into the bed and Glynda held Ruby.

"Jaune would always sleep just like this, when I babysat him. He would always have nightmares about his parents being killed." Glynda said.

"I thought he was a orphan," said Ruby confused.

"He is, it's just that he was an Arc. The hometown fell when he was five. Apparently he slaughtered every grimm there." Said Glynda, as Ruby nestled down resting peacefully for the first time in 2 months.

Jaune POV

"You can't rush art," Jaune said to himself as he decorated Summer's new odst armor with his new robotic left arm.

"You should get some rest," Deja said, as Jaune just continued painting.

"Besides what if she doesn't like it," asked Deja.

"To hell if she doesn't like it, I can't let her get hurt again." Was the response that Deja got.

"Ok... can you at least try?" asked Deja.

"Ok, but later," said Jaune.

Ruby pov

"Where were you?" Asked Yang, "you never came back to the dorm."

"Stayed at the range," responded Ruby.

"Are you ok?" Asked Yang, as blake came over with oatmeal and Tuna?

'Oohh, right, cat faunus' thought Ruby.

"Decent, yes. Ok, now that's pushing it." said Ruby.

"I know you bought a revolver just to help you stay up," said Blake. This made Ruby frown and go back to her toast, the lunch room ran out of cookies.

"Would all first years come to the auditorium please." Ordered Glynda.

'Thank god for the woman, I may not be able to stay at beacon if it were not for her.' Thought Ruby.

Jaune pov

"Deja, how many more doses of my semblance does Summer need?" asked Jaune. His first aura reading 50%

"If you continue only pushing half of your aura into her it will be one more day, if you push the rest in she will be fully healed. Her body cannot live in cyro any longer, else she will die." Responded the A.I.

"Ok, will I live if I do that?" asked Jaune.

"I don't know," responded Deja.

"Time to find out, I have another aura for a reason," responded Jaune, pushing his semblance into the chamber.