An Android For You

It's been 3 weeks since my engagement to Daniel was over, but I still struggle to get over the break up and I was depressed and rarely went to work. My dad tried to cheer me up, but couldn't.

"What am I going to do, Mom? Katrina is still so depressed ever since the engagement ended. I tried everything I could to make her feel better, but I can't.", Dad cried.

"Stephen, honey. I know you're upset, but we need to try to fix this, before Katrina suffers even more.", my grandmother replied.

"But how? I tried everything, and nothing worked.", Stephen sighed. "Maybe we could get her an android to help her.", my grandmother replied.

"No! No way! Mom, this is ridiculous!", Stephen replied. "Do you want Katrina to get back on her feet or not?!", my grandmother yelled. "Yes, Mom. I want what's best for Katrina.", Stephen sighed.

"Then an android is our only choice.", my grandmother replied. "Ok, tomorrow I'll get a female android for her.", Stephen replied. "No, not a girl! A boy!", my grandmother sighed.

"Fine, I'll get a male android for her.", Stephen replied. The next day after my dad finished his job at the police station, where he is the police commissioner, he went to an android facility where androids were created and sell.

Dad looked all of the male androids that were created and Dad stumble upon a clean-cut, young attractive male android with dark brown hair and brown eyes. A staff member who showed him around saw Dad looking at the android.

"Oh, that's an RK800 android, he's programmed to become a police detective and can analysis homicide crime scenes and evidence in real time.", the staff member replied. "Interesting, what's his name?", Dad asked.

"His name is Connor, sir.", the staff member replied. "Can he also support someone from a depression?", Dad asked.

"Of course. He's also programmed to be a friend than just what he's originally programmed for.", the staff replied. Dad looks at Connor for a while and smiles. "Then, I'll take him.", Dad replied. "Good choice, sir. I'll activate him immediately.", the staff replied.

The staff member then activate Connor and Connor wakes up from deactivation. Connor then steps off his platform step and greets Dad face to face. "Hello, Commissioner Stephen. My name is Connor.", Connor replied.

"Hello, Connor. Ready to go?", Dad replied. "Yes.", Connor replied without hesitation. Dad and Connor then left the android facility and Dad drove Connor back home, where my grandmother was in the living room and me, sitting in my room.

"Hi, Mom. This is Connor, an RK800 android.", Dad replied. My grandmother looked at Connor, who was standing with a confident posture and looking at her. "Oh my. What a handsome young man he is!", my grandmother sighed.

"Connor, this is my mother, Eleanor.", Dad replied. "Hello, Eleanor. My name is Connor.", Connor replied. "Nice to meet you, Connor. What a gentleman!", my grandmother smiled. "Where's Katrina?", Dad asked.

"She's in her room, she barely went out of there.", my grandmother replied. "Oh, Jesus.", Dad sighed with annoyance. "Come along, Connor. Let's go and meet Katrina.", Dad replied, as he lead Connor to my room.

I was in my room, looking through my phone, deleting photos of Daniel, then Dad knocked on the door. "Katrina, honey. Can I come in?", Dad asked. "Of course. Come in.", I replied, as I turned to face him, and saw Connor behind him.

"Dad, is that an...", I asked, with surprise. "Yes, honey. It's an android.", Dad replied. "Hello, Katrina. My name is Connor, I've heard so much about you and I'm glad to help you.", Connor replied.

"Help me?", I asked. "Honey, Connor is here to help you get over what has happened and he'll act as your friend.", Dad replied. "Dad, did you bought me an android?", I asked. "Yes, well it's your grandmother's idea to get one for you.", Dad replied.

I looked at Connor, who wouldn't phased. "Katrina, honey. I know you're still hurt from your break up and seeing you like this broke my heart and so, I bought Connor for you.", Dad replied. I started crying and hugged Dad.

"Thank you.", I sighed. Dad hugged me back and started crying as well. "You're welcome, honey. You'll be ok.", Dad sighed. Dad and I hugged whilst Connor was watching us.