chapter eighteen

Joey was finally home after being gone for a very long time. Even though he's only going to be home for two weeks I still wanted to make the best of it.

Liza was still staying here with me, i don't think I could get through this without her by my side.

I was getting more and more uncomfortable as the days went by. I was excited for him to be born but I wasn't liking all I'm having to go through but I know in the end it will be worth it.

I was curled up beside Joey on the couch talking about how his tour has been going and all the amazing things they're accomplishing.

Carrie you wouldn't believe how fast this tour is going I still can't believe that it's actually happening.

Well you better start believing it, because babe it's happening I said while laying my head on his shoulder.

Have you put anymore thought on talking to John yet I asked him curiously.

I felt him stiffen up, no I haven't I don't talk want to talk to him he made his decision to leave everyone behind without even putting the band into consideration on what was going to happen once he left.

I sighed knowing he was right but I also knew how much he was missing him. They grew up together I knew how stubborn Joey could be when he wanted to.

Joey placed his hand on my stomach rubbing my stomach in circles. How's my little one doing in there.

He's doing good, all he does is kick all day long.

Well at least we know he's going to be like his daddy all hyper and excited all the time Joey said while placing a kiss on my stomach.

I ran my fingers through his thick hair, I couldn't wait for the baby to be here and to watch our little family grow.

I sighed knowing I have to talk to Joey about me going back to work.

Joey I need to talk to you about something. He looked up at me his head still on my lap.

Yes? He asked with a confused look on his face.

I want to go back to work after the baby is born. I know you don't want me to but he would with me at all times, and on top of that makeup is my passion like singing is yours.

He gave me a look of confusion, why can't you stay home I would feel better about the both of you being safe.

I sighed knowing how he is, I know that Joey but I love doing make up and we would be backstage the whole time. Plus you would get to see him every day.

Okay fine I give in he said with a dorky smile on his face.

I gave him a kiss on his cheek, thank you gorgeous.

Hey Carrie have you ever thought about marriage?

I was shocked by the out of the blue question. I mean of course I have I've always thought about one day being married to you and us starting our family, why I asked curious.

Oh no reason in particular I was just wondering and it seems we have this back wards.

Yes we do but I wouldn't change it for the world. I countined playing with hair while enjoying the time I have with him.