Chapter 14 - I want to be human

*Mercedes P.O.V*

Agonising Pain. That was all I felt rushing through my body; my head was pounding as it would if you were to bang cooking pots together. Each beat getting louder and louder. I slowly opened my eyes to scan my surrounding, but I was met with pitch blackness.

'Where am I' I thought solitary to myself. I tried to move my hands, but it seemed chained down by something, something heavy. Wiggling my hands vigorously, the sound of chain clinging together filled my ears.

The son of a bastard chained me up; I cried harder as the chain seemed to tighten around my hand when I tried to remove it. My neck still burning, as if it was on fire. My throat felt dry and swallowing my spit did not seem to make it better. What was happening to me?

Footsteps began padding into the room, small steps that sounded distance but near. I heard a heavy sigh; I knew it had to be Jason.

Clearing my throat, I spat in his direction."I hate you Jason!" As soon as I had said that I immediately regretted it. I could hear his shoes tapping softly, pacing around the dim room I was flaring my arms that was bounded in chains. I screamed unutterable words at him.

He spoke softly."Have You calmed down now" he sighed in distress.

Tears raced down my checks rapidly until the point that I did not know I was crying.

"Do not talk to me ever in your life. I wonder why I like you so much when you disgust me. Why would you bite me? Why can't you leave me alone."I tugged harder on the chains; I shakily tried to stand on my two feet, failing miserably.

He steps right in front of me, crouching to my sitting position. He brushes his soft fingers around my face. "You wanted to kill yourself. I will not let you do that, I-"

"I don't want to hear your bull Jason, all your lies; I do not want to hear it." what has it got to do with him if I wanted to kill myself, we were not married or joined by our hips. The last time I checked he was still in love with his ex, I would never forget. He loves lucy. Not me. Lucy.

He looked hurt but nodded anyway. My heartbeat accelerated rapidly at his presence what is happening to me.

"Mercedes-"

" I said I don't want to hear it!! I do not want to be a werewolf; I don't want to be part of your kind. I want to be human; I want to be me."

Why wasn't he listening to me, my breath heaved heavily, the sound of my heart thrusting against my chest, I was beginning to panic.

He swiftly grabbed the back of my neck, looking down, his warm breath softly fanning my face.

"Calm down, Mercedes; It was just my mark; I did not turn you. But now if you killed yourself, it would kill me too. I would die with you."

What kind of a mess-up world is this. He would kill himself for me; he would leave his whole family for me. Shit!

"Jason-"

" No, you said you didn't want to hear it, why should I explain myself?"

He began marching out of the room. I could not let him leave.

"Jason please, stop. You have got to understand that what you are doing is inhuman. You can't just chain someone up and expect them to be happy about it; it just doesn't feel real; all of this does not feel real. You don't feel. I am scared Jason."

He winced at my words.

"I didn't mean to scare you; I was trying to protect you, you have got to understand that Mercedes."