Chapter 1

It was a dark, misty night. Through the black fog were shadowy figures slowly crawling in different directions.  A silent night, but it seemed loud to those who was in the torture for days, the three survivors that were frightened and exhausted where above the fog on an old, simple roof of a modern day house. As they rose to the grey sunrise, they peered down to the moans of the figures. Yet they had no way to escape, they needed to think of a plan.

Lost…wondering….the survivors were pacing back and forth in need of a way out. “Ahaa!”  Insisted one of the crew members, Greg. “We need a distraction so that we can get down there fast and jump into the minivan, but what will distract them?” 

Mike, the oldest in the group added “why don’t we throw something in a different direction so that we can rush down!” the group all agreed, so they all went searching for an object to confused the grey shadows. They found an oversized glass plant pot, so they threw it as far as they could and the shadows chased it down the road, then the crew ran down the stairs into the minivan and luckily they made it without being noticed.  

All breathing fast with the pace that they ran down the stairs, they started the van and drove off quickly in hope that the terror wouldn’t follow them. Once out of the city, they found an abandoned cottage on a yellow hillside and tempted to look around. They all stood together in case of a sudden attack from the ‘monsters’. They crept into the old cottage and it appeared empty, they searched for food and equipment, or weapons to keep them safe, Margaret, or Maggie as they call her, found a load of food for the group to eat and Greg and Mike found some weapons, such as kitchen knives, a shotgun and a baseball bat. They was wondering around when they saw the family’s photos of the people who lived there, it was a small family who looked happy, but they knew they needed to keep moving so they set the photos down and headed off.

Cruising through the deep hills of a now forbidden and forgotten road, Maggie, Greg and mike found an abandoned train station but one thing….it was surrounded by those…creatures….monsters……. They noticed a ‘help!’ sign in the front window and begun to think if there is any survivors, like them.