#8 Daisies

Can I ask you something?

She nodded as she fumbled her hands through a bouquet of flowers. It was her best friend's graduation day and both of them were inseparable back in the high school days−she couldn't wait to surprise her with her favorite flowers, a bouquet full of daisies.

What is it? She leaned onto the car's door and started playing with the ribbons around the blooms.

You don't have to answer it if you don't want to, he frowned a little, running his hands through his black hair.

Well, I can't answer it if you don't ask it. She was already tired, it was already afternoon but she hadn't seen her best friend yet, but instead, she met a few of her old friends, exchanging words and news, reminiscing about the good old days.

Who's the guy that talked to you back at the building?

Confusion crossed her face−which one?

You already know which one, the one with the blue shirt−the tall one. He seemed to be slightly irritated. The one that looked like he admired you.

Oh. That one.

He is an old friend, from high school. She turned and started messing with the same bouquet of flowers again, picking up a card and stuffs it in the flowers−she has been perfecting them for half an hour.

It was pretty obvious that she wanted to change the subject, so he took the flowers from her. Just that?

Okay, relax. She let out a small laugh as she reached out her hands towards his. It's not like she were not over him yet or used to these things by now because she is done−she really is.

We, I mean, we dated for a few years. You know, the whole first dating experience thing back in the high school days. Just that, she reaffirmed his words.

What happened? His words stung, bringing her back to the present reality.

She shrugged and replied nonchalantly. What always happens. Life.