Kai & Skylor (Part I)

Kai's P.O.V.:

I was packing my bags for a trip that Skylor and I were going on. We were planning on going to her father's old island because there had been some suspicious activity going on there and Skylor had her suspicions that something wasn't right. She wanted me to help and keep her company so I wasn't complaining.

Me and Skylor had been hanging out a lot since the team and I took care of the Oni a couple years ago. We had been through a lot together, but this was the first time we were going on a trip alone. I figured it would be the perfect time to ask Skylor to be my yang.

"Hey bro." My sister walked in on me. "Packing for your trip?"

"Oh yeah hey sis." I said.

"So are you planning to ask her?" She asked excitedly.

"Shh!" I shushed her. "It's supposed to be a secret."

"Oh sorry, it's just so exciting." She said.

"Yeah it is."

I pulled out the medallion my dad had given to me when we visited him a few weeks ago. He said it was a family heirloom and it was tradition for the oldest boy in the family to propose with it.

To be honest I wasn't sure if I wanted to or not. I love Skylor, but the idea of settling down scared me. I knew Skylor wanted a family, but I didn't know if I was ready to give her that.

"Is that the medallion Dad gave you?" Nya asked.

"Oh, yeah." I answered. "I don't know if I want to ask her though."

"Why not?" She asked. "Are you nervous?"

"No, I'm just not sure if I'm ready." I sighed and set down on my bed. "I don't know, maybe I shouldn't do this yet."

"Kai, you're being too hard on yourself." My sister set down next to me. "When the time is right, you'll know."

"Thanks sis." I gave her a hug.

"Happy to help." Nya smiled. "Do you need any help with packing?"

"That would be great. Thanks." I said.

Nya helped me pack the rest of my stuff and then I was ready to go on my trip with Skylor. I gave Nya a hug and told the rest of my team goodbye, then I formed my dragon and headed to pick up Skylor from her work at the Noodle House.

Because the island was far away, we took turns forming our dragons and switching when the other one got tired. Once we finally got there, we got our stuff set down in our rooms. I pocketed the medallion just in case and met back up with Skylor. She had a tracking device she was holding and told me it was gonna help. Then we started to scout across the island.

"So why did you wanna come here again?" I asked Skylor as we were walking through the jungle.

"Well I can't explain it, but I just have this feeling that something strange is going on with the island." Skylor told me. "It looks like we might be dealing with dark magic."

"Dark magic?" I was shocked. "Do you think it's Clouse?"

"That's what I came here to find out." Skylor said. "And thanks to this tracking device Zane and Pixal made for me, I'm able to track where it's coming from."