Twelve

Zach's POV

As I woke up, I could smell the scent of roses mixed with the scent of Jack. I smiled and opened my eyes. My smile immediately faded when I saw the side of the bed empty. I lifted my arm to see if the sheets were still warm. Nope... Practically icy.

That's when I noticed the deep red rose petals scattered all over Jack's lavender sheets and blankets. My heart started to accelerate, and my stomach filled with wild butterflies.

Jack... what have you done?

Even though I thought whatever this was, was cheesy, I couldn't help but let my hopes come up. Oh boy...

Sitting up, I looked around the rest of the room, pleasantly surprised to find petals were also scattered around the floor. But the thing that caught my attention the most, was an arrow made with white rose petals.

I got really nervous and followed where the arrow pointed. Which was, for some reason, through the bathroom and to my room. I walked to the middle of my room and looked around. What is this supposed to be?

I was super confused and very tired. So I spun in a slow circle, finally noticing a small piece of red paper. I walked closer to it and scanned the small and neat handwriting. It read,

"Zach,

Good morning beautiful. I hope you had a good sleep. Now, you're probably wondering what the hell all of this is for. Well, here's my answer. You are perfect, and so you deserve the perfect day. Many of them actually. Get dressed and proceed to the following directions.

Go downstairs and eat the breakfast that should still be warm.

Get ready fully and go to Daniel's room. There, he will give you your first hint.

Follow the hint given to find the next.

See you soon, monkey.

-Jack Avery. ❤️

I lifted my head from reading the small note. Oh My God. What was he planning? I smiled to myself and got dressed as quickly as possible, in a nice shirt and my favorite blue jeans, that were also nice. I slipped on some black vans, and sprayed some cologne. I ran down the stairs, almost falling on my face on the way, and felt overwhelmingly excited.

I saw a plate of waffles and bacon sitting on the kitchen counter.

My favorite.

Jack wasn't lying... the food was still almost hot. I scarfed it all down and cleaned the dishes. I ran to Daniel's room, after brushing my teeth and hair, and burst through the door.

"You look nice." He said with a smile, an all too knowing smile.

"Give me the hint... PLEASE!!!" I basically screamed.

"Okay, Okay Zach. Calm down. Your first hint is..." he dramatically raised his eyebrows. "Look for your hint in the garden of green, there you will find you secrets within a bean..."

As he finished, I looked at him blankly. Garden of green? Isn't that all gardens?!

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?! I don't understand!"

"Ok Zach. I have to get ready for something... you go figure out what the hell that's supposed to mean..."

I was soooo confused.

"Ready for what, Daniel?" I said accusingly. And then he shut the door in my face.

"Ready for what, Daniel?!!!" I screamed through the wood, for I knew he could still hear me.