Prologue

Lisa's eyes fluttered open when the sun rays hit her face, she hid her face under her pillow to avoid the brightness and let her mind work for a bit, she needed time to make it function properly after ten hours of sleep.

"Wake him up, make us breakfast, prepare ourselves to work.." She mumbled, trying to remember her schedule for the day.

Him, us, ourselves.. The words played in her mind making her eyes widen, she instantly threw the pillow off her head and looked at the other side of the bed, expecting to see a handsome sleeping figure next to her. A frown made way to her face when she noticed the emptiness.

"Right, I forgot." She sighed as she kicked off the blankets and sat up.

She ran her fingers through the sheets searching for her phone. "Now where did it go.." She mumbled as she stood up, stretching her arms, she felt her foot step on something hard and cold. "There you are!" She grinned as she took the phone and immediately dialed a number.

"Hello baby, I tried calling you but you don't pick up, I guess you're busy. I wanted to ask when you'll come home? I miss you so much already." She left a voice mail after several tries.

She smiled, trying to stay positive and moved to the kitchen to make herself breakfast.

Jungkook hasn't been home for a week, all she knew was that he was in a business trip and she didn't know when he'll come back, he didn't tell her anything about it so she just assumed it was something secret. She worked in the same place as him and basically knew everything about his work, but she just shrugged it off.

She tied her hair in a high ponytail and wore a white shirt, she put on a black blazer and tight pencil skirt, she tucked the shirt in the skirt and held her bag in her hands.

Lisa looked at the pair of high heels put in a corner and sighed, she's ready to risk it.

She checked herself in the mirror one last time. She looks different, she thinks. 

I wonder how she works here, she dresses like she's going to a grocery store or something.

I heard she used to dress differently years ago, is she getting too comfortable?

She didn't mind all the comments about her, she heard a lot of them but always shrugged them off.

She's close to Mr.Jeon yet she's so carefree, shouldn't she worry about his image?

That's when she started to care, when they started bringing up Jungkook. The last thing she wanted was to hurt his image in any way.

"Come in." Lisa said when she heard a knock on her door, her eyes focused on the laptop in front of her.

"Woah, what happened?" A feminine voice erupted in the room.

"I don't have time Chaeng."

"You think I do?" The girl sassed back as she sat on a chair, facing her best friend.  "Come on I just missed my best friend is that bad?" She pouted.

"This is my workplace Chaeyoung, not your studio." Lisa rolled her eyes and added, "And we spent the weekend together, what do you mean you miss me?"

"Whatever." She clicked her tongue and smirked, "So? Care to tell me why you're suddenly wearing a formal attire?"

"Isn't that what people normally wear to work?" Lisa bit the inside of her cheek, avoiding the girl's eyes.