.ii.

Peter jogged into the hanger, the iron spider suit comfortably settling on his skin. It was perfectly designed for him, even taking his various heightened senses into account. It formed around his cast, making a more protected metallic area - although it still left his web shooter out of commision. As soon as Peter put on the suit again, his heart ached to hug Tony.  Tony who valued him enough to spend time and money making the perfect suit.

"Peter?" Bruce exclaimed as soon as the youngest Avenger came in. Steven nodded with a sigh. "Unfortunately if Tony can't come, we need to turn this to the outcome where both Peter and Wanda are involved."

"How's the arm?" Bucky whispered, standing very close to Peter as Steven collected the last people for their debrief. Peter looked down at the shiny red covering his cast and shrugged. "Getting better. Hurts less every day!" And he shot Bucky and toothy grin. Bucky nodded curtly and turned his attention back to Steven, but didn't move from where he loomed over Peter.

"Alright, we have six stones to return, and we can't afford to make mistakes. I'm going to break us all into teams." Strange announced, and the 21 heroes in attendance tuned in.

Steve leaned against the wall by Sam, happy to let someone else take the lead on this one.

"Captain Marvel, you'll be leading your team of Valkyrie, Nebula and Starlord to Morag. Power Stone." Bruce brought over a thick container and opened it to reveal the orb that Nebula and Quill recognized. Carol grabbed it and nodded at Bruce.

"Thor, you'll be taking your team to Asgard to return the reality stone. Rocket, Groot, Drax and Wasp are with you." Again the box was brought to them and Thor picked out the swirling vial of red.

"Hawkeye, you and Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man and Mantis will go to Vormir and return the Soul Stone." This time Bruce walked over somberly, and Clint pulled out the container holding the cursed stone. "Soul for a soul." He mumbled, and Bruce looked at him optimistically before continuing.

"Captain America, you'll be returning the space stone to Camp Lehigh with Bucky, Black Panther and Bruce." Bruce balked at this. "Are you sure? I don't really blend in..."

"You'll do just fine." In other realities, the teams were rearranged, but Strange had discovered this arrangement worked best. He wanted to give everyone the best possible chance of figuring it out even while he wasn't there.

"And finally my team will be returning both the Time and Mind stones. Falcon, War Machine, Wong and Peter are with me." The scepter and the eye were left in the crate.

Steve stepped forward, displaying the watch-looking band on his wrist. "This is the device we use for time travel. Make sure you're synced with your team before each jump." He advised, "we're only taking a minute our time for these jumps, but as long as you need your time. Be careful, we've set the suits with enough pym particals for 4 jumps. Hopefully you'll only need to use two." He nodded at Strange.

It took everyone a few seconds to work their device, Peter put it on his cast hand so it wouldn't interfere with his only functioning webshooter. Stephen looked up at everyone and took a deep breath. "Good luck." Naturally, he didn't believe in luck, but he said what needed to be said.

Peter hit the switch, blinked, felt a dropping woozy feeling in his stomach that made him almost dizzy enough to fall over, and then he was in New York in 2012. He distinctly remembered watching the attack on the news with Aunt May and Uncle Ben from their apartment, huddled up under piles of blankets. May wouldn't let him go outside during any superhero activities after the Iron-Man incident.

Only, Peter wasn't 10 anymore, huddled under his family and watching a TV. He was standing next to the Avengers and Dr. Strange was handing Rhodey the scepter. "Take the kid, deliver this back to the S.H.I.E.L.D. men in black suits. Keep an eye out," Stephen locked eyes on Peter, "the battle is over, but there are still chitauri heading home that won't hesitate to harm you." Peter nodded and swung up to follow War Machine while Falcon, Strange and Wong went to visit the Ancient One.