Birth Of A Captain

Most of my summer so far has been mostly me saying, "waIT ITS THURSDAY! No it's not."

-Clint Barton-

Back into the Quantum Realm we go, tumbling through time and space to exit in a specific point in time. Slightly less confusing of a way to explain it, but still super weird. Twisting and turning through crazy scenes that didn't look like anything I knew. A bright light flashes and Steve and I are thrust into a new time. The light fades and as my eyes adjust I see that we are on an... office? It looks like an office, with dim white ceiling lights, rows and rows of filing cabinets, and desks. But it's not a modern office, it looks MUCH older than a modern office. The computers are like fifty times too big and clunky to be modern.

"Steve, where are we?"

"Military base in New Jersey. I was trained here back in the 40's, it's where the idea for a super soldier was born. We are in the basement, Tessaract is-was- in that safe. To- he used a laser to open it. Luckily I have a laser, too."

He walks over to the small and surprisingly inconspicuous safe. Knowing HYDRA I would have expected the to have neon signs pointing to it that said 'TESSARACT HERE!' 'WE HAVE A SUPERWEAPON!'. The laser almost effortlessly cuts through the lock, opening the iron door to reveal foam padding in the shape of a cube. Pulling the Space Stone that had been replaced into the cube out of his bag (man purse, I called it), Steve replaces the blue cube into the padding. Hank Pam had given us the shrinking and growing things Scott Lang used in his suit to help us carry the Infinity Stones more conveniently.

"Well, that was easy." I say.

"Yeah," he replies. "Almost too easy."

"Goddammit Steve, you shouldn't have said that. Now you jinxed us. Thanks a lot."

Sure enough, he jinxed us. Footsteps echo through the halls, coming closer.

"Thanks a lot, Steve," I whisper. "Go, go go go! We can't be seen, it'll mess up this timeline!"

"Okay, Okay! Go to the Power Stone coordinates! On Morag, 2014! Go!" Steve whisper-shouts. We hit our buttons and we are thrust back into the Quantum Realm. I'm starting to really hate going back there every hour. God, I feel like I'm going to puke! This is worse than the first time I went on a Quinjet! I thought it would be easier the more I tracked through the Quantum Realm, but no, it had to get worse every time! The too-familiar blinding lights throw us back into the time machine, if it could be called that. More like a universe that we tracked through to come back to a specific point in time. Okay, it's a time machine. Every time I go back in I want to scream, but no sound travels through the vacuum of the tiny galaxy that my human ears can pick up. The blinding lights that I am all too familiar with thrust us out onto the surface on a rocky alien planet where Peter Quill found the Power Stone nine years ago.

"O-kay, so we just waltz in there and shove it back into the tube?" Steve asks in disbelief of how simple it could be. Of course, I shouldn't say that out loud or else it will become needlessly complicated.

"Yes, But gently, Steve." I reply with I smirk. He rolls his eyes and starts to reply, but is cut off by a stranger's voice.

"Actually, neither of you will be doing that." We ship around to see who was talking to us. "At least, not until you answer my questions."

I get a glimpse of green skin before my head starts to throb and all I can see is black.