Part 2

When we came back after scoring 213, of course the entire dugout was in a highly jolly mood. I felt happy too, I had even scored a 100, and our team was in a great position...but somehow I didn't feel as happy as I should.

The 213 had a bad taste to it, mingled as it was with Kuldeep's tears.

Everyone was shouting and hugging me, and I felt a little annoyed till I spotted the only other person in the dugout who wasn't even trying to look happy.

Yuzi was looking quite miserable.

Kuldeep and Yuzi are not only our spin twins on the field, they are like twins off it, too. They are together all the time. They eat together, and have the exactly same taste. They play in the same team in every video game; they know each other's strategy too well. Sometimes they sleep in the same room too, making the support staff drag an extra bed into one of their rooms first. They can't sleep on the same bed, though--Kuldeep kicks too much, Yuzi claims.

And doesn't entire India know, the first one to hug Kuldeep after a wicket has to Yuzi. And vice versa. It's a rule. Once I had reached Kuldeep before Yuzi did, after a wicket. I didn't dare to do so much as pat Kuldeep on the back, Yuzi have me such a glare.

They are twins in all but blood, and who knows, they might be blood twins too, estranged at birth--what the hell, I think, slapping my forehead. There's even an age difference between them.

Basically, I'm going mad.

So is Yuzi, by the look of it.

Actually, I'm sure neither of us would feel this uncomfortable at our team hammering Kuldeep if only the latter hadn't taken it so much to heart.

But I had seen how each of Ali's sixes shattered Kuldeep's confidence right before my eyes. It scared me.

"We'll go to him after the match," I told Yuzi, who looked up quickly. "And try to look more cheerful while you're wearing the red jersey."

Yuzi read my thoughts perfectly well.

"Try to look more cheerful yourself, just after you've scored a century." But he still flashed me a slight grin.

Seems like we're on the same boat.