~~Frankie~~

Elie, my roommate, but also my best friend, wasn't having a great day. The bottle of vodka from our alcohol cupboard was missing and it seems like he'd just had an extremely hot shower, judging by how much condensation was covering the mirror.
I've always had a bit of a soft spot for him. He always seems to make me feel better when I'm down so I decided to try and help him out. I mean, what's the worse that could happen?

I knocked on Elie's bedroom door along with a small "Are you decent?"

"Not morally, but I'm wearing pants if that's what you're asking" Elie replied as he opened his door. He was standing there, in only sweat pants, holding a bottle of vodka in one hand and the lid in his other.

"Dude, did you not dry yourself off before putting clothes on?" I asked, pushing my way into his room and sitting on his bed.

Elie shrugged, looking down at the obviously useless towel on the bedroom floor. His curly hair was still dripping water into his shoulders and running down his back.
This wouldn't be the first time I've seen Elie without a shirt on, post-shower. Actually, I've probably seen him in worse situations, especially the morning after he invites a random girl over that he'll never see again. But tonight, something was different and I couldn't tell what.