Blinded by Love | Miraculous Ladybug {#RomanceCollab}

Ladybug sat perched atop the rooftops of Paris, staying hidden as she kept her eyes on the Eiffel Tower, waiting for a sign, a signal, anything.

Chat Noir was beside her, his cat ears twitching as he too scanned the Eiffel Tower.

It had been four years since the Miraculous found its way to them, four years since they had met, and four years since Ladybug had told HawkMoth that the only thing between him and the Miraculous was her and Chat Noir.

Over the years, Marinette Dupain-Cheng's life had gotten a lot easier, her alter ego still a mystery to all of Paris. She could slip away to transform more easily, without her friends questioning where she was going.

Adrien Agreste was still having a hard time sneaking out of his house for nightly patrols and akuma attacks, however. His father has been raising security lately, making it harder for Adrien. His curfew had changed once again, Adrien only being able to leave the house for photoshoots, school, and fencing.

With four years of experience, they made pretty good superheroes. Marinette had mastered all the uses of her yo-yo, her and Chat Noir practicing every night with the other heroes of Paris- Rena Rouge (Alya Cesaire, owner of the LadyBlog and Marinette's best friend), Carapace (Nino Lahiffe, Adrien's best friend and Alya's boyfriend), and Queen Bee (Chloe Bourgeois, who revealed her identity to all of Paris, and one of Marinette's closet friends. The two used to be rivals, but that was before Chloe changed her ways- for good).

Of course, Marinette's love life was still a mess. She still has a crush on Adrien Agreste, and he did seem to like her back.

But that was back when she was dating Luka Coffaine.

Her and Luka dated for a while, but Marinette's feelings for both Adrien and Chat Noir had gotten in the way of their 'love', the two arguing so much to the point that she broke up with him. They're still friends, but their relationship is... complicated.

Luka and his band, Kitty Section, got a deal with a record company in NYC, the band now on tour. Luka invited Marinette, but she couldn't abandon her duties as Ladybug, or Chat Noir.

Then there's Marinette and Adrien's relationship. When her and Luka were dating, Adrien had clearly been jealous. He got into and argument with Luka once, ruining their friendship, and he even got akumatized because of it!

They're still friends to this day- maybe even more- but they haven't made a move yet. Neither of them want to ruin the relationship they already have, but it's very clear that they like each other.

Adrien is still in love with Ladybug, but he is also in love with Marinette. Before he had realized his feelings for her, Adrien had been dating Kagami, his father approving of them. But that relationship had fallen apart, as Marinette and Luka's had. Kagami constantly went head-to-head with Lila Rossi (who was long gone by now. Lila was one of the hardest villains to defeat, having worked for HawkMoth and tried destroying Marinette and Adrien's relationship), and she was way too protective of him, especially when he realized his feelings for Marinette.

It's hard, being a superhero.

It's even harder when you can't tell anyone.

But, despite not knowing each other's true identities, Ladybug and Chat Noir would trust each other with their life.

They would always trust the others, too.

However, both Ladybug and Chat Noir could tell that the others were having a hard time trusting each other. Rena and Carapace were a couple, and they were both going through some things. And Queen Bee... well, Rena doesn't believe that she's changed. The two argue and fight all the time, making it harder for them to focus during battle. Carapace just wants the two to get along, which only makes them yell at him, causing even more arguing between the three.

Unlike them, Ladybug and Chat Noir had a blind trust. They didn't need to know each other's identities, even though that was all they wanted.

But they knew it was dangerous.

They knew they couldn't reveal their true selves.

Yet, with the things they'd gone through, with the secret feelings and hidden truths, sacrifices and constant bickering, their blind trust soon turned into something more...

Blind love.

Chat Noir gripped his baton tightly, his ears twitching as a single purple butterfly flew past them, a thousand other butterflies rising into the air around the Eiffel Tower, carrying two figures...

Ladybug's eyes narrowed, her fingers brushed against her yo-yo as she frowned in determination. Her hair fell over her shoulders, not in her signature pigtails for once.

"They're here."

Ladybug began to rise to her feet, someone suddenly grabbing her wrist. She turned her head slightly, her bluebell eyes meeting his green ones.

"Wait," Chat Noir stood a little taller than Ladybug, looking down at her freckled face, "M'lady, are you sure you want to do this? If we fail-"

"We won't fail, Chaton."

"How are you so sure?"

"Because if we work together, we can accomplish anything. I trust you, Chat Noir."

Chat Noir smiled.

"I trust you too, Ladybug."

"Good," Ladybug smiled, turning her head towards the Eiffel Tower, her hair flowing in the wind as her eyes narrowed once more. "Let's end this, Chat."

Chat Noir nodded, extending his baton. "Together,"

Chat's hand had moved from Ladybug's wrist to her hand, their fingers entwining, his thumb rubbing the top of her hand.

"Together." Ladybug agreed, turning slightly towards Chat, staring into each other's eyes, him getting lost in her sea of secrets, her falling through his world of infinite green...

The two didn't even notice how close they were to each other until their lips connected, moving in perfect synch.

We live in the City of Love for a reason.