Was I really just a little broken? - Aries

"It's Okay to be a little broken. Everybody's broken in this life." The words were ringing in my head like a bell in a clock tower. 

 All I could think of were the words he spoke, and I held onto them. They were the last words I would ever really pay attention to. They were a snakes hiss to a mouse before he was gobbled whole. It's something you would never forget...

Ever.

 And I knew I wouldn't forget this, Because it would be my last memory. The memory struck back into my brain like lightning as I walked up to the chair. It felt as if I were a turtle trying to walk a million miles, but the chair was only a few feet away.. As I lifted my foot up to stand on the chair, his words flooded my brain, and as I wringed the rope around my neck, they surrounded me in a storm of echoes. 

    "You aren't pretty enough for me anymore..."

 Suddenly the chair fell over, and everything was quiet and I was tormented no longer by the tunnel of horrifying words that escaped his lips.

      All I could feel was the warm rope grasping my neck. It became harder to breathe, yet easier to let go. And one more thing came to mind...

      Was I really just a little broken?

      And my last breath fled my lips.

     But this was only the beginning of a whole new life. Would this new life be graceful, soothing, and loving? Or would it be another life of torment, only there to harass me, and let a plant of hatred and disgust bloom inside?

      I was about to find out.