1: birth

6 years ago

liam's pov:

autumn, the cuddle weather. so they say. the time to roast marshmellows and wear cozy sweaters. the time of halloween and thanksgiving. the time when the leaves finally fall and restart.

"liam, liam?" i heard someone speak to me.

i glanced over to the person talking to me, which was niall, the only irish, giggly, blonde friend i've ever actually had since high school.

"mhm?" i asked.

"what's wrong with you?" niall asked, concern written all over his face.

"nothing, just thinking to myself i guess." i wonder.

"is this still about louis? man, it's been a year." niall sighed.

louis...the man i thought was perfect for me. yes, i am gay, not really something new. people actually know that fact by now. they look at me and whisper, "is he gay?". i'm glad people noticed, but it's also annoying when they come up to me and ask me questions about my sexuality.

"shit, i've gotta go." niall stood up and cleaned his area of where he sat.

we were localy in a cafe somewhere in new york. niall convinced me after 46 times to leave my apartment and go with him. he just wanted to talk, but i've spaced out ever since.

"oh, so you invite me when i don't want to leave, and then you ditch me?" i roll my eyes.

"it's harry man, you know how clingy he can get." niall shrugged.

"then dump his sorry ass." i huffed.

"but then again, harry was the one to set you up with louis." niall smiled.

that only made me angrier. i stood up, grabbing my black coffee and leaving the cafe. i pushed past niall and stormed out of there.

i can't believe niall would bring louis up, again! he can be so stupid, he can't remember what to not say. i love niall, but sometimes i want to strangle him, smack him with a shovel, put his corpse in a bag and dump that bad into the niagara falls.

louis, louis was my everything. louis was the person i would kill for, the person i would marry. but he went on an cheated with some guy. it's been a year since we've broken up and i'm still hungover him. niall has tried to "help" me, but to no avail.

i walked down the subway stairs and waited for the correct subway. i needed to go up to manhattan, i was down in brooklyn. finally, after 6 minutes of waiting impatiently.

i walked inside, a few people shoving before me. the closed snapped behind me and the subway started moving. i looked around and found all of the seats taken. well it is 9 in the morning, people are trying to go to work, it doesn't mean they should hog all the seats.

i observed more, seeing people's faces this time instead of just the seats. another memory of louis flashed through my mind. i cringed and rubbed my eyes. no, i don't need him, i don't want to picture louis anymore!

i'm tired of imagining him, pretending everything will get better, when clearly it's not. i came cross a man, he seemed to be in his early 20, but with that beard he seemed more like 24. i noticed the seat beside him was empty, so i managed to grow some balls and walk up to him.

"excuse me, is this seat taken?" i asked.

i noticed from this man, his facial features. his jawline was perfection, his skin tone was this rich creamy olive color. his pitch black hair was combed up, like a quiff, his eyelashes were long and curly; gentle and long enough to get near you, rubbing his lashes on your skin and making you smile. he was beautiful.

the man looked up and nodded no. i gulped nervously and sat beside him. for a long time, i think i was blushing. i looked over to him, his eyes leveled down at the magazine he was reading. he seemed really entertained with the magazine he was into, his eyes never stopped moving.

"i'm liam." i blurted.

the man, he only glanced uo at me, his big hazel eyes matching my brown ones. he looked deep in my irises, searching for what i've lost or something. he seemed different, he seemed secretive, he seemed scared.

"zayn." he answered after a long silence.

"downtown manhattan. repeat, downtown manhattan."i cursed under my breath. i shot him a glare, he only shot it back.

"well, this is my stop. until next time, zayn." i smiled, waving at him as i stood up.

"bye." he waved, not smiling at all, but i had this feeling in me he wasn't being mean about it.

i stepped off the subway and walked a few feet. i looked behind me and stopped. i spotted zayn on the window side of the subway, he was still reading his magazine. but i think he felt me staring at me because right before the subway started moving, he moved his head up and locked eyes with me again.

this time, he smiled.

-----------------------------------

and thus, there began the birth of...ziam.

comment & vote babes.