Prolouge

Italy was beautiful that night. The stars were shining bright and reflecting down on the canals, as people in gondolas floated by, enjoing the beautiful night sky. Araceli's house was right on the corner of one of the canals, so Aracelli just sat there and watched the canals float by from her upstairs window until she fell asleep. Sometimes, Aracelli would fall asleep on her window sill with her window open, and she would always wake up with tiny little mosquito bites on her neck and arms. This was one of those nights. Aracelli sat there, watching the people floating in gondolas float down the river, while slowly dosing off. The wind was strong that night, so her sleek black hair was flowing in perfect strands from the wind, and her deep chestnut eyes shined brightly from starlight. 

        Aracelli eventually fell asleep, head on her sill, and hair still flowing in the wind. The mosquitos almost knew everytime, and came rushing over to her open window, and landing on her to get some of her "delicious" blood.

        Three men appeared at Aracelli's window at around midnight. They stood there demonically, staring at Aracelli, while she was sleeping. The mosquitos must of saw the men, because when they came over the mosquitos switched targets, from Aracelli to the men. The men swatted away the mosquitos and ran to the front door of Aracelli's house.

        "BANG! BANG! BANG!"

        The men had burst down Aracelli's front door and ran into her foyer. Aracelli had woken up from the banging and hid in her closet. There were more bangs, but not doors being kicked in. The bangs were gunshots. Aracelli her her parents scream and then...

        "BANG! POW! BANG!"

        The shots were fired, and Aracelli wanted to run out and find her parents to make sure they were ok, but she was too afraid of getting caught. The men walked into Aracelli's room, searching for her. They were checking under the bed and they were throwing things everywhere, making Aracelli's room a diasaster area.

        When they finished, one of the men opened the closet. The man was wearing a black coat and was weilding a gun and a flashlight. The man found Aracelli, and she was staring face to face with a pistol weilding mad-man. The man wasn't as crazy as she thought though. He nodded his head at her, like they had formed some sort an agreement and shut the door.

        "Shes not in here" the man called out.

        "Maybe, she jumped out of the window" another one said.

        "Maybe! But, if your guys' scrawny asses wouldn't of let her escape, the we wouldn't be in this position, would we!"

        "No, sir" the two other men responded in sorrow.

        The door to the closet, where Aracelli was still hiding, was still cracked open. The man who had spared her life, shifted his eyes over from time, and making the slightest gestures, to make sure she was staying still and keeping her breaths low and muffled. If it wasn't for him Aracelli would be dead or severely injured, so she gave a little thumbs up and dug herself farther towards the back of the closet.

        Soon after that, the men left out the busted front door, but Aracelli knew it wasn't the last she would be seeing of them. Making sure they were gone, Aracelli ran into her parents room, to find both of her parents shot dead on the floor. Aracelli sat down in between her parents and cried, and she was waiting for her parents to put there hands on her shoulders and say that it would all be okay.