Chapter 6

Aracelli woke up at the hospital again, crying. She didn't know why she was crying, she assumed it was a bad dream. Standing next to her bedside was Genevieve. Aracelli turned and looked at her, and smiled.

        "Are you feeling better?" Genevieve asked, staring intently at Aracelli.

        "Yeah. I think I get to leave today!" Aracelli laughed.

        "Oh, and don't worry, Stephin already payed your hospital bill. Get better!" Genevieve said, then trotted out of the room.

        Aracelli's face turned a tomato red color, and she clenched her teeth. She was angry at Stephin for paying her bill. She didn't want to seem helpless and poor, even though she knew she was. She wanted to seem strong and confident, but being in the hospital ruined that for her.

        Suddenly out of the corner of her eye, a flash of fur dashed across the room. The ball of fur jumped on Aracelli's bed and sure enough it was Apollo.

        "How did you get in here buddy?" Aracelli asked, patting him on the head.

        Apollo purred and layed down next to Aracelli on the bed and closed his eyes, taking a nap. Aracelli snickered and closed her eyes too. But before she could get any sleep, a nurse walked in. The nurse took a long hard glance at Apollo and dismissed him all together.

        "It must be the menopause."  The nurse whispered to herself, and frowned.

        "You're free to go!" The nurse said. "Your boyfriend filled out the paperwork for you." 

        "He's not my boyfriend" Aracelli whispered getting up from the bed. It was only then when she realized, she wasn't in a hospital robe. She was still in the clothes that she had worn before. But she also saw something else when she looked down. A bundle of bandages on her shin, with blood showing through. Aracelli cringed at it, grabbing Apollo, then limping out of the hospital.

        When she got out of the hospital, she was instantly releived. She was glad she finally got out of that place. She hated the smell. She thought it always smelled like rubber and sanitizer. It smelled good when she first got there, but when she stayed there for a while it got sickening.

        She walked out into the hospital parking lot, Apollo trailing behind. She walked down the street, continuing her journey to Rome.

        The day was cold and brisk, as Aracelli walked down the brick streets. Apollo jogged beside her, sniffing in the sour smells of the factories, pluming smoke nearby.

        Aracelli walked down the streets for hours until eventually blocked by a group of men wearing all black. They muttered things in Italian back and forth, showing off there yellow snagled teeth. Aracelli's eyes widened as the men looked at her.

        "Its her!" One of the men yelled, reaching his hand for Aracelli.

        Aracelli fell to the ground dodging the man's calloused hand. "M-m-mafia!" Aracelli stuttered, as she tried to get up and run away. One of the men tackled her, while another stood, hovering above her. The man who tackled her pulled a thick rope from his jacket pocket and bound her hands together. The man who had been hovering over her forced her mouth open and slipped a pink liquid into it. Aracelli instantly blacked out as the mafia men dragged her away.

        When Aracelli woke up she was in a dark alley bound up to a chair. Apollo was sat in cage next to her growling, at the bars. One of the mafia men was standing at the end of alley, keeping guard. After a while, another man pushed past the guard and walked over to Aracelli.