~2~

"Do you know that I went down to the ground, landed on both my broken-hearted knees. I didn't even cry 'cause pieces of me had already died."

 — Ghost,Ingrid Michaelson

Yeri's POV

No. No. No. No. Please God. Not him.Please not him.I don't want to run into him.Let him be in some other class.Or some other department.

Ahhh.......Why is this world this small?

I bent down to look at my sneakers just to avoid his gaze.I climbed the staircase with my hands on rails ,slowly walking up wishing that he would just disappear.I reached the top of stairs.I raised my head to check whether he was there.

And he was.

Standing straight.

Starring at me.

That look.

That look he had in his eyes,it was like he was trying to say how broken he is. I felt as if he was my mirror 'cause he looked at me exactly like I looked at him.

I tried to cross him. I averted my gaze away from him and took a few steps ahead. That's when I felt someone grabbing my hand.

I turned around and my eyes met his. He pulled of a smile and asked,"How's noona doing? ".

Jung kook's POV

Did I ask something wrong? Maybe I shouldn't have asked that but I really want to know. I haven't met Irene noona for a long time and I know that I can't meet her too. But I really miss her.

Yeri looks blank. She looks like she wants to be anywhere except here. I shouldn't have asked her.

"I am sorry", I said. I looked into her eyes. It was dark. Like nothing exists in her eyes. That's when she started speaking.

"Do you expect her to be fine after what your family did to her? Did you think that she has forgiven your family to lead a happy life on her own?",she asked.

Anger was evident in her voice.

Sorrow was evident in her eyes.

She then let a huge breath and said," Sorry but she isn't fine. She doesn't need you people. If you want to do a favor, don't you dare disturb her. Good bye.".

I didn't say it back. I'll never say goodbye to you.