a real hello

on a cloudy sunday afternoon, han yeojin was working in her office. she was not having a good day.

     "yeojin! can you please help me with these folders?" yeojin sighed, pushed her chair-with her on it- away from her work desk. really, yangmi, again with the unnecessary yelling?

it irked her. since the first day of work two months ago, yangmi seemed like she really disliked yeojin, why though? only god knows.

today yeojin had to deal with yangmi, uncooperative business partners, ungrateful boss and weird, nosy coworkers that just had to ask yeojin everything about her personal life.

     "yeojin, here's the folder that you need to work on, and here's mine," yangmi dumped all three folders on her open arms,"sorry but, gotta rush, the boss said i could take some time off, so he's putting my work to yours. temporarily, of course. isn't that great?"

holy motherfucker fucking a mackerel. that dim bitch keeps being on yangmi's side. birds of a feather, flock together, i guess.

yangmi sauntered away after saying an obnoxious thanks. goddamnit, why in the world do i keep working in this hellhole?

yeojin placed all the folders on her desk, clapped her hands to brush away all the sins yangmi had transferred to the folders, then sat down. she began working while having the worst day of the week, why? a girl gotta eat to live, gotta work to eat, then.

06.29 in the evening

finally.

her work was all done. she glanced at her watch and saw that she had spent an extra hour in her office. as she packed all the things she had to bring home, the last person working had gone inside the elevator and closed the door. she rushes, expecting the other woman to hold the door for her. nope.

really? now i gotta wait for the elevator to come down and up? i just wanna go home.

yeojin walked inside the elevator as quick as possible once it had opened. maybe just a quick cup of coffee to boost my eyes a bit.

the long, black haired girl walked out of her office building quickly. gotta get away before i get anymore unlucky.

she was walking, trying to balance her cute, black suitcase and the folders that contained papers to review. she felt something wet on her fingers. did my water bottle leak or something? no, it was just rain.

it just had to rain.

yeojin walked faster to avoid the mess the rain could have brought. her hair was a bit damp and wild from the humidity the rain caused, when she walked in the coffeehouse.

the place was packed. people were sheltering from the rain, some were sipping coffee as if they had the time in their hands. some were just standing outside, smoking under the canopy, blocking the door.

"excuse me, sorry. can i come through? sorry." yeojin twisted and turned to get inside. guess it's a hard knock day for me.

she fastened her pace and set her eyes straight on the queue that's starting to get nearer. she waited for a good five minutes, while deciding what she wanted to order.

"hello, good evening, welcome to the koffie paradise, what can i get you?" the barista greeted her. his eyes tired but the smile looked sweet. bad day too, huh?

yeojin smiled back, "yeah hello, what can i get if i just had a quite shitty day, dealing with my coworker who i think has an ass as a face? she talks like one too."

the barista laughed, bringing relief to yeojin. she was afraid if she came off rude or something. then she heard another laugh, coming from beside her.

yeojin glanced to her left and saw a good looking guy, waiting in the pick up line for his order. oh mamamia, i could stare at that face for hours. the guy smiled at her, "that was cute."

"oh, thanks." wait why did i say thanks? he meant that what i said was cute, right? not me specifically? oh shit, this is so embarrassing. yeojin cringed mentally at her own stupidity and quickly looked back to the barista.

"i recommend the americano, since it could wake you up, or if you like something sweeter, then the caffe latte cloud macchiato, it's a new menu here. i do recommend the hot espresso, though, if you're interested in throwing the cup and its contents to your coworker."

yeojin raised her eyebrows a second before she laughed along the barista, "i would love that, sadly, i don't want to be arrested for animal abuse. i think i'll go with the caffe latte cloud macchiato, thanks." the barista's tag name had jin written in it.

the barista laughed one last time and nodded. after she paid, she moved to the left and waited in line for her coffee.

the previously said handsome guy looked back, he found yeojin's eyes wandering the interior of the coffeehouse. "that was a funny thing you said there. and to think i thought i was the moodmaker here."

yeojin looked at him and chuckled, "yeah sorry if i sound pissed off, it's just that i am. it was kind of a bad day today."

"oh yeah? i bet i can turn it into a good day."

she frowned, confused. is he hitting on me or is he trying to take me home?

"wait, no. that came out weird. i didn't mean to offend you or anything. i just, oh man. sorry, i just thought you were funny and pretty funny and, i mean, you were pretty in a funny way? i suck at this." he fumbled with his words as he panicked. okay damn, he just got cuter.

"... so what i meant is that you're both funny and pretty and i like you, do you want to sit with me on a table, in this coffeehouse? just talking i swear i have no other motives." he laughed nervously.

the barista, jin, laughed and said, "smooth, hobi, at first you came off as the nice, cool guy and then you just had to be a creepy one."

oh, they know each other? jin walked away as he tended to another costumer.

well he looks unthreatening, i don't see any harm in talking either, it's full of people anyway, i don't think i'll refuse. would be good than sitting alone, looking like a depressed, lonely workaholic.

yeojin smiled and said, "sure, hobi, right?"

the guy looked relieved and said back, "jung hoseok, but people call me hobi."

"han yeojin, but people call me sweetheart."