Ep 1 Ezekiel's Start

Intro
How y'all doing my name is Ezekiel Jackson I am 20. I was born on the east bank of New Orleans to Jerome 45 and Charlene Jackson 43 childhood friends since my dad was 7 to life time lovers . We stayed over there until I was four years old because that's when my mother gave birth to my little brother Isaiah, but people call him Zay and the call me Zeke. I grew up in a church family being that my dad was a pastor and my mom was a Sunday school teacher. They died when I was 17. It still chokes me up till this day just thinking about it. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Three Years ago.
I started my day like any other game day except today wasn't just any other game day it was the state high school championship basketball ball game. I went to John Ehret High School I was a senior and captain of the varsity basketball team. The game was so important to me and I really wanted my folks to come, but it was on a Wednesday. And remember I told y'all my folks was church parents, but I stilled tried to get them to come. I went downstairs my mom was in the kitchen cooking breakfast and my dad was at the table drinking coffee and reading the paper.
"Baby you hungry?" My momma Charlene asked.
"Yea momma what you cooked?" I asked.
"Boy you hungry or not!" My dad Jerome said aggravated.
"Yea I'm hungry mom."
I dropped my duffle bag by the front door and then returned to seat back at the kitchen table.
"Hey son you ready for the game tonight?" My father asked "And did you wake your little brother up."
"Yea pop I woke him up and yea I'm ready for this game just a little nervous."
In the midst of of me answering my mom brought my plate to the table which consisted of 2 butter pancakes, 3 bacon strips and scrambled eggs.
"Thanks mom"
"Your welcome." She responded.
"And I'm nervous because the basketball scouts that I'm tryna go to at the end of the year is going to be at the game tonight."
Then my dad replied, "Son if you have faith in the lord everything is gonna be alright. Just play the game you been playing all year. What you averaged 16 ppg 7 asst and 1 steal."
"1.5 steals pop, but yea I hear you. Are you guys coming to my game tonight?"
"What time does the game start" he asked
"It starts for eight o'clock."
"I'm going to try to make it but you know we got bible study from 7:30 to 8:30" he said.
"Hmm ok pop. But I gotta kite before I miss this bus."
"Remember what I told you son" he said.
"Good luck out there tonight" my momma said.
"Ok pops and thank you momma"
As I got up from the table and got to the front door to grab my duffle bag, Zay was coming downstairs.
"Good luck in the game tonight Zeke I know your going to do good you the best player I ever seen play." He said as he gave me a hug.
"Thx lil man And have fun by aunt Balinda house tonight."
Zay that's my lil nigga he the reason I do what I do. Because I know that he wants to be just like me. Then I got on the school bus and got to school. The school day went by fast. It was now four o'clock. My team and the cheerleaders was getting ready for the game tonight.

At the church
My dad was in his office looking over his notes for the Sunday service coming up, my dad was a perfectionist he had to make sure he pick the right message. My mom was in the sanctuary cleaning up and making sure no one left anything. She looked at her watch and noticed that it was 8:52. So she ran into this office where my dad was.
"Jerome Jerome it's almost nine o'clock." My mom said frantically.
"I'm putting my coat on now Charlene," he said.
"Ok honey I just want to be there for him"
"Ok Char."
My parents walked outside my father locked up the church and they then proceeded to walk to the car my parents had a all black 2017 Honda Accord. He opened the door for my mom like he always does. My dad then gets in the car to start driving he was driving as fast as he could.

Meanwhile back at the game
My team had the lead on our rivals from down the way the West Jefferson buccaneers 54-52 with 45 seconds left in the game. They inbounded the ball, dubbing a slow pace up the court. They pass it to the corner then back to the top then to their best player on the their team who is also my Cousin Shane Lawson. Shane gets the ball steps back and takes the three pointer I pull up on him but the shot still goes in. That play took 23 seconds of the clock.
My coach then calls a timeout.
My parents was still trying to make it to the game they was least then a mile away.
But back at the game we had killed about 15 second because of a busted play I'm dribbling tryna find something to do with the ball.
My dad drove under his green light.
I only had two seconds so I dribbled up and pulled a mid range jumper. But at that moment when the ball fell through the net my parents was hit by a drunk driver.
My team fans and cheerleaders stormed the court because it was the first time since hurricane Katrina which was 20 years ago that we had won a championship. I had then Wales over to my cousin and told him good game and to wait for me because I was coming to aunt balinda house with him which was his momma.
I then went to the locker room where I got dressed in my warmups and put my kicks in my bag and put on my Nike slippers. And I met Shane in the front parking lot. It was a quite ride home. We pulled up to the house and he pulled his key out and opened the door. When we walked inside aunt Balinda and Zay was watching tv.
"Hey aunt" I said
" Hey Zeke. Hey Boy you not gonna speak." She answerd me and then said to Shane.
"Hey mom." He said.
" I guess that mean y'all lost huh." She said.
Shane just stared at her and walked to his room, he hated when his momma did that to him. He always felt that since his pops died two years ago that his momma stopped loving him.
I had started to poor my glass and i was looking for something to eat.
"Teetie what y'all got to eat." I asked.
"They got some pizza in the oven that me and your brother had ordered." She said
"Did your mom nem show up to the game?" She asked.
"No you know them and that church mean more then anything" I said.
But as I was putting my food in microwave I heard on the television set breaking news so I put my food in microwave and started it.
"I wonder what happened now." I said.
"Probably another white person acting a fool" Balinda said.
I took my food out the microwave it was just the right temperature. I walk to wear Zay and Auntie Balinda was watching tv.
News anchor David Jenkins was on. He was big time on the Fox 8 news all the women loved him. He was tall young dark-skin perfect teeth perfect anchor voice some even say he was to good to be true some think he was gay. With his co anchor Lilly Ann flowers she had an alright face I'll give her bout a five. She was older with a caramel complexion she had nice breast I'll say c cup but she had a fat booty drove all the men and my self wild.
"Damn that David Jenkins so damn fine ohhh I wish I can get my hands on that man I'll make him get my pregnant." She said
"Ewww tietie" Zay had said.
"You can have that nigga. Boy is it something's I wanna do to her fine ass." I said.
"Boy watch your mouth!" My aunt Balinda said.
She turns up the tv and I walked over to to sofa where they was sitting i sat on the end of the sofa Zay was in the middle and she was at the other end. I put my arms around Zay and pulled him close and started rubbing his had. Because I missed him.
"Ok lets see what wats so breaking news." Aunt Balinda said.