The Origin

15:36 hours - Aris Labs, Luxembourg.

"Dr. Funasaki, the specimens are ready for hybernation mode," said the assistant.

"I can clearly see that on the screen. Is there anything else you want to point out?"

I feel so disgusted for your sorry ass. she thought. "You have an interview with Dr. Ashuma."

"Oh no! Ashuma no. Alright, before I go, make sure to keep an eye on those specimens all the time. Did I make myself clear?"

"Yes Mr. Dr. Professor Funasaki"

          He looked reluctantly for a moment but nodded and walked out of the laboratory.

          Zoey removed her safety goggles that leaved reddish round marks on her face. She put those goggles on a table and removed her gloves as she was getting closer to the big glass tank that contained expensive results of years of experimentation with rabbits and cats.

          They look so cute and I bet their cost will be very high she thought while looking at a white bunnycat, you are going to be the one that I will keep for myself.

          She lean back and took out her lab coat. I hope it is not too late for my date, I know I have to look after this specimen but is not like they are gonna escape through a thick glass container. "Well, cya lab!"

—Shame on you if you think I'm that predictable.

          She stepped outside of the Aris building into the gorgous city of Luxembourg. The sound of vehicles rushing through the streets made Zoey reach her smart-phone to get an Uber. Then she looked at the horizon because this day it seems that the Universe is on her side. Outside of the lab she could see colors on a different way.

          She was irradiating joy to the world with her magnificent full-red Dress and the world was smiling back. For the first time she was layed open to new adventures after a life of anti-social anxiety builded up by years and years of hitting the books to reach a bachelor degree.

She sighed and said "Nothing in this city can ruin my date."

Wild Uber appeared!

She breezed into the Uber.

"Take me to the Diamond-golden-premium-imperial-palace's restaurant" said she, "I'm going to have a fancy dinner with my so handsome probably-next boyfriend."

          The uber guy just drove but didn't say a word. Which is weird because in Luxembourg all Uber drivers greet happily and offer water but this one was the odd one out.

"So, how's your day Sir?" Asked Zoey nicely.

Uber guy snarled.

"Well O.K. I'm so happy right now and eager to meet my almost-new boyfriend," she continue, "because you know, I have a life."

          The Uber guy gave her an I-had-a-rough-day-because-some-idiot-puked-in-my-vehicle-and-I-had-to-pay-one-hundred-bucks-for-cleaning-service-so-don't-annoy-me type of a look that erased her friendly british smile from her face.

"You mean, ma'am" he replied, "I'm just having a bad day and there is no reason to imply my life sucks. I know my life is awful, I'm just trying to get enough money so I don't get kick out of my apparment, you know."