Chapter 3 ; He's coming

The birds were chirping merrily while the trees were swaying to the wind. We were sleeping, unknown of the time. Yes-sleeping. Jaylene was snoring loudly while the others were peacefully in dreamland. Our slumber was interupted when my phone rang.

Grunts were heard and I opened one eye, glaring at the phone. I took a peep of the caller ID and sighed. None other than Mr Kyo. I rubbed my eyes lazily and grabbed the phone, tapping the 'answer' button.

"Hello Mr Kyo..." I replied groggily. Heavy breathing was heard on the other line, before Mr Kyo's voice sounded through the speaker. "Wake the others up, you got your photoshoot at nine." He said huffily and hung up. Well that was harsh.

I stood up and slapped all of the members' faces. "Girls wake up. I know that you don't want to but you have to." Thanks to their obedience, Sumin and Hyojung woke up immediately, leaving Jaylene, the youngest snoring away.

The three of us teamed up and started slapping the poor girl's face. She covered the blankets over herself and flipped over, groaning. "Stop it..." She whined.

"Hey the dorm is on fire, don't you know that?" Hyojung flicked Jaylene's forehead. Giving up, the youngest rolled out of bed and crawled into the bathroom.

We sighed and sat down onto her bed. "She's the last to wake up but first to wash up..." Sumin grumbled.

-

"So, Aerin, you hold this prop and look coolly at the camera since your group's concept is cool and..." he trailed off as he stared at his notes, looking confused. "Mean?" he questioned.

Jaylene and Hyojung looked at him weirdly while Sumin and I said together, "Why?" "No, it's just that... I had never seen any group with the concept as mean before... You all might want to change..."

"No!" Sumin and I shouted while Jaylene and Hyojung nodded. "It makes our group special." Jaylene added, her eyes full of fire. The director sighed and said, "Well, if you insist."

-

"Dee-Lee-Cious!" Hyojung exclaimed and munched on her soicy seaweed rolls. We laughed and continued eating. It was late at night and we had just finished our photoshoots and were lazing at the dorm.

"So, leader, did you hear from BAEKYHUN?" Sumin said to me, emphasing on his name as the other members squealed. I rolled my eyes and continued eatiing, and they punched me on the arm. "Spill!!" Jaylene yelled, and started dancing around.

"Yah, maknae! Get a grip on yourself!" I said, laughing. Jaylene looked downcast as she sat down. "Awww our poor maknae,,," I said, and pinched her cheeks as she pouted. Suddenly, my phone rang and the others sprang up. "IS THAT HIM?" Hyojung asked, sorry, no, she SCREAMED.

I glanced at the caller ID and nodded. The others squealed but only to be silenced by my glare. I put on my most femine voice and answered, "Hi Baekyhun!"

"Hi!" he said cheerfully. "How's your day?" he asked.

"Well, its tiring, because we were having photoshoots for our second mini album." I said and he added, "Oh, I'm sure to buy it when it release!"

"Really?" I gushed.

"'Course, Aerin!" He said, and I imagined him grinning like a cheshire cat.

"Can we meet? Because my... er... new members wants to meet you guys... and I want to see you too!" he requested.

"New members?" I asked, curious.

"Yup! I was assigned to a group already. We are going to debut soon." he said.

"About the meeting, when do you want us to meet? Today?" I asked.

"Yes! That will be perfect! How about we meet at..." he trailed off. "You live near Busan right?"

"Yea... And... you live near Gangnam right?" I said slowly, realisation strucking me. "Yes..." he said, full of disappointement. Something hit me hard as I asked him, "Wait, if you live near Gangnam, then how were you able to meet me at Busan yesterday?"

"Oh, we were given some time off so for that week I was visting my grandmother. But now I'm back." He said, and continued, " So... I guess we shall meet when we are closer to each other's destination then!"

I agreed and we clicked off, only to be met by my members curious faces. "So?" Jaylene enquired, "What did he say?" I sighed deeply and said, "Actually we wanted to arrange and meet up with his members and you all but we are living too far..." Sumin patted my back while Jaylene and Hyojung let out sympatheic sighs.

-

I put on the headphones, waiting for my part of the song to come. Rapping over and over again, I still failed to make the perfect pace to rap with the music.

"Again!" was all I heard and I was back to work, rapping endlessly. Without even taking a sip of water. My throat was getting extremely dry but that stupid director of ours was still telling me to rap again. Secretly, I gave the director a death glare and got back to work again.

Just when I was about to rap again, the director stopped me. "Aerin, work on your rap, your pace isn't the same as the music, in fact your faster than it. Call Sumin out for me please."

Groaning, I thanked the director, trying to make her note the sarcasm as I got out of the recording room, greeting my other members who were crowded around, too engross in gossiping that they don't even know that I was out of the room.

I got closer to them trying to get hold of what they were saying but all I heard were "she's a pain in the ass" before Jaylene spotted me.

"Hey you scared us! Who's next?" Jaylene whacked the back of my head, though she's the youngest and pouted. Acting like I did not hear anything, I just replied,"Sumin, your up next."

Once the girl was gone, Jaylene and Hyojung gave me a weird glance before minding their own business like looking at their nails. They are some weird people... And who were they talking about that was a pain in the ass?

-

Beep.

I slid my thumb across the screen and keyed in the password to read the new message. The name 'Baekhyun' shone on the screen and I tapped the message icon immediately. What does he want to say?

'Hey there Aerin, I was bored and wondering if I could go to your dorm now, to meet your members now. Yeah now. I promise that I'll bring you to my dorm for you to meet my members. Thanks, xoxo.' The message read. Without hesitating, I replied a simple 'yes' with a smiling emoticon.

Sumin's voice was heard from behind. "Lover boy again?" She questioned and peered at my phone from behind. I turned off my phone and nodded, gathering all three of them.

"He's coming here, get ready girls."