Sixteen

Callie's POV

"Now who never stops?" I smile softly as Arizona sits on me on a beach chair. We've been at the bay for an hour. We've got the porch light on so we can see.

"Maybe if you covered this gorgeous body up I wouldn't be tempted" She giggles.  I wrap my arms around her and stand up. "What are you doing? " She squeaks. 

"Do you trust me?"

"With all my heart Calliope" I smile softly and put her on the chair.

"Good, close your eye's" She gives me a questioning look before closing her eye's. 

"Don't leave me here" She says as I pull the prosthetic leg off,  "Don't put it in the sand, it hurts when I wear it otherwise"  I put it on my towel and pick her up. "What are you doing Calliope Torres?"

"Trust me" I mumble into her neck. She blindly wraps her arms around my neck and slings her right leg around me. She's going to hate me for this. I walk into the water and she squirms in my arms. I hold her tighter.

"Callie.  You know I don't like water"

"I know,  you're shit scared of water"

"Then why the hell are you walking deeper?"

"Because you use to love swimming, before the plane accident we went swimming on our days off" I mumble.  She sighs and opens her eye's, looking at me.

"Don't do this Callie" The water finally hits her legs.

"Relax, I've got you, I won't go further than our shoulders" I keep walking until it hits my shoulders before turning back to the cabin "it's only us in here" I feel her muscles tighten each second and I sigh. "You're not relaxing" I mutter, leaning forward. I kiss her softly and she instantly responds. She slowly relaxes in my arms and I smile into the kiss. Her hands move from behind my neck to cup my cheeks and a plan forms in my head. I remove my arms from around her waist and swim backwards, putting a good 5 metres between us before she even notices. She opens her eye's and glares at me.

"What are you doing?"

"The only way for you to get out is to come to me, unless you want to crawl up the s and, either way you have to swim and I'm closer" She closes her eyes and I watch as she battles with herself. "You can do it" Tears roll down her cheeks as she shakes her head. "I'm right here, I won't move" After a few minutes her eyes snap open. I want to move closer and wipe away the tears but I fight with myself, I know she needs to do this, she just needs a little push. "You can, you know you can, try" I watch as all the fight leaves her body. I smile proudly as she pushes herself under the water. She pops up in front of me, smiling.

"I did it" I kiss her quickly. We swim around for a bit until I notice she's getting tired. I pull her into my arms.

"Time to get out" She pouts. She's enjoying swimming. She hasn't done it for years. "You're tired,  you ain't use to this"

"Ten more minutes?" She asks, giving me her puppy eye's.  She's so cute.

"We'll come back in before we go"

"Promise?" I nod and she wraps her arms around my neck.

"We'll pack up in the morning,  make lunch and spend all day out here" I reassure her. She wraps her legs around me and I walk back up to the beach chair.  I put her on the chair and pick her leg up off my towel.  I put it on the grass before shaking our towels. I join her on the chair, wrapping her up in her towel. She giggles as I pull her into me by her towel. "I'm proud of you Arizona" I kiss her gently before pulling myself up. She moves herself onto my lap and rests her head under my chin.

"Thank you for making me do it" She whispers.

"I knew you could, you just needed a little push" I mumble, wrapping my arms around her lower back and resting my hands on her towel. I feel her shift her head and look up at the sky.

"I miss them so much"

"I know baby, I know"