Chapter 10 - Safe & Sound

Chris wakes up to see Yinsen right next to him and smiles, he reaches over at pokes her cheek.

That makes Yinsen grumble before her emerald green eyes shoot open and she glances over at Chris, smiling.

"Good morning sleepy head." Chris smooches her cheek before rolling out of bed to make some coffee.

Yinsen nods as she also gets up from the bed and walks over to the bathroom and glances in the mirror.

She holds her stomach where she was stabbed and lowers her head to look down at the scar.

"It's been a few days and-"

"And?" Chris comes walking back into the bathroom and glances at his soulmate with a concerned look.

"Nothing, babe." Yinsen simply smiles before walking over towards Chris and wraps her arms around him as she kisses him on the lips.

"Babe?" Chris chuckles to himself as he kisses Yinsen back.

"Yeah, babe." Yinsen softly laughs before hearing Chris's phone go off several times. "You should probably get that," She whispers, releasing her wrapped arms.

"R-Right." Chris rushes over to get his phone and glances over at the multiple texts.

"Oh, that's just great." He mutters as he swoops his bangs back.

Yinsen averts her glare towards Chris as she tilts her head, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just a friend texting me, to check up on me since I went..."

"Went missing in action for a few days?"

"Yeah."

Chris replies to his "friend" before turning off his phone, turning his attention towards Yinsen, "Let's go get that coffee, shall we?" Chris smirks as Yinsen follows him towards the kitchen.

As the two drink their morning coffee, they're holding hands as they do so.

Yinsen places her mug down onto the countertop and looks at Chris with weary eyes.

"W-What's wrong?" Chris whispers, placing his mug down.

"It-It's nothing, I just kind of still worry that person is still out there, you know?"

"Y-Yeah," Chris nuzzles Yinsen's neck before hugging her. "Your father and the others are doing their best to find that person-"

"But what if it's not good enough, what if they-"

"Don't worry, love, I know they'll get that person and teach them a lesson." Chris smiles as he kisses Yinsen on the forehead.

"T-True..." Yinsen closes her eyes before opening them again, "We should..."

"Should what?" Chris tilts his head.

"You should probably go check up on your friends and tell them your doing alright-" Yinsen smiles back before kissing him on the cheek, making him get all flustered.

"...Right." Chris has a sudden realization that he hasn't been in his concerts for a few days and that will probably piss off Kate for skipping them. "That means I have to leave here,"

Yinsen frowns but shakes her head. "Promise me you'll be safe?"

"I promise."

"Good, then I'll talk to you soon." Yinsen smiles as she gives one last hug to Chris before seeing him go off.

As Yinsen comes back into the kitchen, she rubs her temples.

"Time to get back to-"

She hears someone coming into the kitchen and freezes as they enter the kitchen.

"Oh, it's just you- Captain." Yinsen relaxes.

"Hm?" Captain America turns his head towards Yinsen and smiles, "Nice to see you up and out again, Yinsen."

"Same," Yinsen grins before finishing her coffee, "Any luck on the person?"

"Nothing. It just seems like the person that attacked you and Chris...vanished."

Yinsen furrows her eyebrow before sighing, "That's..."

"I know." Captain America frowns, shaking his head in disapproval.

Yinsen crosses her arms and sighs again, "There's no hope in finding them, is there?"

"Don't say that, Yinsen. There can still be hope!" Captain America grabs Yinsen by the hands and looks her into the eyes with determination in his own eyes.

"B-But..." Yinsen lowers her head as she glances down at her bandaged waist.

Captain America frowns as he lets go of Yinsen's hands. "Trust me, we'll find them."

"If you say so, Captain." Yinsen shakes as her head as she glances back up at Captain America. "Then--"

"Then you should relax and not overwhelm your body and yourself with anything too harsh, Yinsen." Captain America smiles as he roughs up her hair.

"Y-Yeah, that sounds like a plan." Yinsen laughs to herself as her hair is roughed up.