CHAPTER 12

I change quickly and kofi and I walk to the tea shop opposite the American International school. We sit at a table when we get here and order some breakfasts. We enjoy our breakfasts quietly with him staring at me all the time as it I'm the one he is eating. We finish eating and he pays for our breakfast through I argue on it. We walk back home holding hands and upon reaching the living room I see my mom opening the fridge in the kitchen.
"Mom, what are you doing here?" I ask angry that she didn't call before coming.

"Hey love, I brought you some food." She says turning to kofi standing beside me. "I didn't know you had company." She says drooling over him like a sixteen year old girl. "Care to introduce him to your mother." She says smiling clearly knowing who he is already.

I puff and introduce them, "Mom, this is kofi my boyfriend and kofi this is my mother."

"Nice to meet you." Kofi says shaking my mom's hand.

"How are you? I hope you are taking good care of my daughter?" Mom asks and I roll my eyes at her. "Its disrespectful to roll your eyes at your mother little girl." Mom doesn't cease to amaze me. She embarrasses me anywhere and anytime. I thought she didn't see me roll my eyes.

"I'm fine and I'm taking very good care of her though she's as stubborn as hell." He said.

Mom stays for a while before leaving the two of us alone. At that time the housekeeper had already left so it was left with the two of us and the only thing that came in mind was for us to watch movies though I was in the mood of listening to some cool songs. We watched three romantic movies first Titanic, second What Men Want and third After before calling it a quit. I'm sure he didn't watch any cause he kept on asking questions. He was just a spectator. We finished all the movies around four and he asked to take me to a friend's get together party. He is so out-going and I like that about him. At least I'm assured when maybe we get married my life won't be as boring. Just maybe. So I showered and wore my favourite African print jumpsuit with a pair of sandals and made sure we are before living to the said get together.

Within an hour, he was driving us through the gates of a villa. It is just like kofi's house. Beautiful, beautiful I must say. We do these people get all that money to build such houses. Someone who knows me very well will say I'm being a hypocrite because my dad built a house as big as this but he was older. These are young men I'm talking about. I guess kofi makes friends with only the rich kids. I come  out of his range rover admiring the house and he comes around, held my hands and we go inside.

"Yo, bro." Kofi greets a guy who I suppose is his friend while my eyes are roaming around the interiors of the house. Simple but beautiful blend of light brown and cream colours.

"Oh and I guess this is the pretty Abby you can't shut your mouth about?" The guy asked bringing me out of my admiration. I smile feeling shy and said hello to him. All his friends knows me then.

"Wow she is more beautiful in person than those pictures you showed us. Please come in and make yourselves comfortable. He ushers us into the living room and left.

"Pictures?" I question with a confuse look on my face.

"Let's just say I have been taking pictures of you when you aren't looking." He explains cooingly.

"And let's just say I don't like it when people take pictures of me without my notice." I said smiling. Although I don't like it, I don't want to look so angry. The day has been the best. We should keep it that ways.

"I will keep that in mind babe. Let's go have the worst night of our lives." He said with a puff. He doesn't look too happy coming here like there's something about to happen.

" You know it's going to be worst and you brought me here." I am trying to figure out what he knows about tonight's party because he looks a little nervous.

"I don't want you to be enslaving yourself in that house of yours."

"Okay then, let's go have fun." I said acting a little brave but knowing very well I'm more scared for myself. I have a feeling I will regret coming here tonight.