Discovery

Early morning air swirls around the group of officers as the sun rises on yet another dead body found on the sidewalk, this time in Greensridge, right next to Mr. Dunkin's bakery. People on their commute to work look out of their windows, worry setting on their brow. The officers exchange a grave look. All of them thinking the same thing. This had to be the monsters. People don't go dying around town randomly with no trace of origin. There have been five deaths now scattered around random places in the city and investigators cannot seem to link the cases or determine how these people died. People are blaming the monsters and it is rightfully so. They are the others. The ones on the other side of the wall. They are disgusting, terrifying and untrustworthy creatures. This is what everyone is thinking. This is what everyone in this city claims to know. 

SciCorps Labs and Humanitarian Efforts

Frantically, the young prodigy, scientist Yama Moto hurries around the room to run the calculations on the computer once again. Just as he feared. Everything checks out. He may only be 22 years old, admitted to the most prestigious college for science and research at the age of 12, but he is rarely wrong when it comes to his research in environmental science. For the past 3 years he has been studying global warming and interesting environmental anomalies that have been happening around the world, all work that an average person has no care for. Environmental science is the type of science on the backburner right now. More people are concerned with the origin of monster genes and how to find a cure. Research for that has been going on for centuries with no clear answers. Nobody cares about the environment when they fear for their lives as monsters live right outside of the walls of their precious community. Today however, that might all change. The research is groundbreaking. This will change everything because there is not much time. This may be the end of the world as we know it. The scientist hurries to find his keys, breaking beakers, dropping pens all over the room just to realize they were in his lab coat. He pushes his glasses back to the bridge of his nose and wipes the sweat off his forehead as he runs out of the lab, to the right and down the stairs to his car. He has to let people know and the perfect place to do that is today at the press conference between the presidents.

Powell College of Science and Technology

"The planet is dying! Wake up and start living for a more sustainable future!" Naoki yells out to the crowd of students hustling to their classes across the green. She lifts her sign high above her head that reads, love our earth, she is dying in bright red marker with a poorly drawn frowning earth to the side.

"Our planet is dying I tell you! Listen to me!"

"Oh Shut up already! Its too early for this crap. No one cares!"

Naoki is an environmental science student studying trends in global warming and how it affects life across the globe. She believes that everything that is happening with climate change is an indication that the planet is dying, and people need to start working for change now. She doesn't know much about how to test her hypothesis or when the planet will ultimately die but she is passionate and convinced that she is correct. Her heart tells her so. To everyone else on this campus of over 40,000, she is the crazy girl that yells strange things on campus green every morning and disrupts everyone's peace with her stupid ideas about a science that doesn't matter.

"Maybe you should study something important like gene therapy and the origins of mutations you idiot! No one cares about your dead science!"

Blue Ridge Prep High School

"Many years ago, an outbreak of sorts caused a mutation to form in the genes of select people across the world. Like the tales from our worst nightmares, regular human beings began to exhibit odd behavioral changes and eventually physical changes. These cursed or infected people came to be what we know today as the monsters that live on the other side of our precious walls. Scientists still have not discovered the origin of this outbreak. They do not know if it is a disease or if it is simply mother nature trying to screw us over."