Chapter 9 Preparation

I woke up and quietly got dressed. I went down stairs to the kitchen. The house was empty because Karen and Mark went to work. I grabbed the eggs and bacon from the fridge and started cooking.

                                                               ----------------------

The food was almost done when I felt Cara's arms wrap around me. "Something smells good." She said resting her head on my shoulder blade. 

"Good morning." I said flipping the bacon. "Foods just about done."

"Sweet, looks delicious." She said going to the table. I put some eggs and bacon on 2 plates and put one in front of Cara and sat across from her with the other in front of me.

 "You can't tease me." I said eating.

"You'll see." She replied.

"You tried last night and it didn't work, remember?" I said smiling.

"That was your fault." She retorted eating.

"You're the one who let it happen." I said with a small chuckle. 

"You instigated it." She argued.

"You let me." I laughed a little.

"Shut up and eat." She ordered.

"Fine. You're never going to tease me without me making something come from it. No matter what it is." I said eating the rest of my bacon.

"And what if I do?" She asked.

"That won't happen." I said and took my plate to the kitchen. She did the same.

"Oh really?" We both put our dishes in the sink. She trys making a suductive face and succeeds but not enough.

"Yes." I say smiling. "So I was wondering something." I state.

"What's that?" She asks and wraps her arms around my waist.

"What's your dream?" I ask acting like I'm not affected by what she's doing. 

"I don't know. Maybe being an artist or something. I never really thought about it." She tells me unwrapping her arms from me and taking a small step back.

"How about your dream life?" I ask wanting answers.

"A life with the people I love in a place I love." She says smiling.

"Dream car?" I ask.

"Tough one, probly a black Dodge Hellcat with some sort of cool design on the sides." She explains. "Or a black motorcycle of some sort."

"Both sound cool as hell." I tell her. "I have to go do something so, I'll be back soon as I can. Can I take your car?"

"Ya, where you going?" Cara asks.

"Just going to get some errands done, it won't take to long, I promise." I tell her giving her a quick kiss and grabbing her keys on the way out the door. I get in the car and first go to the store to get paint and then head to a dealership and auto repair shop. I park the car and go into the front office. "Excuse me can I use the garage for today and tomorrow?" I ask the receptionest.

She looks up something on the computer in front of her and looks back to me. "It's open untill 9 pm tomorrow but it'll cost you $400 to use it all day today and tomorrow." She tells me.

"Okay, thank you very much." I smile at her and she smiles back as I leave the biulding to put the car into the small garage the dealership and repair shop has next to the main biulding and first garage. I park and grab the cans of black paint and the other supplies needed that I bought from the store. I started to fix up the old Dodge Hellcat but when I was looking under the hood to make sure everything was fine I saw alot of it was old and needed replacing or was almost rusting out of place so, I started to take it apart. Right as I was taking out the engine I heard my phone ringing from my pocket so I wiped my hands off the best I could and pulled it out to see Cara's calling. "Hey." I answer quickly.