Part 9- This is me being casual, but trying to impress you.

Vanessa Pov-

''Why did they split up again?''

''She broke his heart!''

''You don't think she found it hard too? She never actually got over it!''

''I don't know why those two didn't just hook up yano? Instead of dragging Jay into it.''

''Yeah well Jay moved on fast!''

''With Nathans ex''

''Awkward, do you think we should wake them?''

''Nah, they do kinda look cute, he's missed her, well we all have!''

''Give them another twenty minutes then'' Emma and Max's voices faded into the other room.

I groaned and removed the arm that belonged to Nathan from around my waist. Still in the clothes I had on yesterday, I got out of the bed and pulled out my dance clothes from the drawers. Letting the dress drop I heard Nathan cough from behind me, holding my clothes in front of my body I turned to face him. His cheeks flushed red as he glanced around the room awkwardly.

"Want me to urm, to leave?'' He coughed. "I'll be two seconds.'' I laughed turning back around, ''God you really have changed.'' I mumbled as I pulled on my top so that it came just above my knees and then changed my underwear, finishing off by pulling my joggers on and screwing my hair up into a messy ponytail on top of my head.

''Oh you're up!'' Emma laughed popping her head around the door, she glanced down at Nathan and smiled for the first time. ''Hiya.'' Max smiled, popping his head on top of Emma's. ''You want a lift?'' He raised his eyebrow towards my outfit. ''No, I'll walk...I need to think.'' I stuttered trying to process everything. ''Ya sure? You've still got an hour and a bit till ya have to be there babe?'' ''I know.'' I smiled and Max shrugged in reply.

''Nath mate, we've brought you some spare clothes.'' Max laughed turning his attention away from me. "For the first time since Vanessa, we thought you'd actually got with someone!'' He chuckled, the blush rose in Nathan's cheeks. "Yeah cheers Max.'' Nathan retorted, getting up. ''Did you sleep ok?'' Nathan spoke towards me. ''We're just gonna go...''Emma whispered pushing Max out of the room.

''Fine thanks.'' I shrugged leaning onto the wall behind me ''Thank you for staying with me, you know..''

''It's fine, any of the boys would have done the same.'' Nathan smiled. ''You excited for dancing?'' ''Nathan cut the small talk.'' I chuckled. ''Sorry.'' He mumbled running his hand through his fringe. ''Look, I'll see you at dancing.'' I sighed heading towards the door.

''Wait.'' Nathan grabbed my wrist and pulled me back to face him, he pulled me a lot closer than he anticipated as I stood inches away from him.

''Um, do you want me to walk with you?'' Nathan stuttered, his voice low and quiet. ''After everything that happened last night I mean, do you think you'll be safe on your own?''  ''What, you'll walk me and be my personal soldier?'' I whispered sarcastically, unable to drag my eyes away from his. Once again, making a joke. The same one as last night. A low chuckled escaped Nathan's lips and he raised his eyebrows. ''Something along those lines, yeah.'' 

''Whats up Vanessa?'' He asked bringing his words into my mind. They spun round in my head. ''I don't know what I saw in her.'' I quoted the radio interview from yesterday. ''I didn't mean it.'' He muttered, his head facing the ground. ''I'd never mean it but I had to say it for the bands sake. I couldn't exactly just open everything up, we're getting big now Vanessa!'' Nathan explained. I nodded shyly. ''I'd never mean that about you.'' He whispered.

*

I walked with Nathan in complete silence, as my mind drifted to Jay. I'd always thought I was the one that hurt Jay, that he wouldn't want to ever see me again. But I hadn't. He hadn't even cared, he moved on almost instantly, with Nathan's ex. That left me to wonder how Nathan felt, he'd changed so much since I'd last saw him, his usual cheeky, happy, bubbly self was replaced by this shy, timid, sad boy, it's like someone had drained all the fun and happiness out of him, that someone being me. After ten minutes of thinking, Nathan's low voice broke the silence between us.