The escape

I will never forget the day I met you. You were the one who found me, the one who i saw at the end of the tunnel. You saved me from my nightmares. You're my saviour, and that's the reason why I will always remember that night, that very night when all hell broke loose, and I fell to safety in your palms.

***

"No... let me go, please! I don't want this!" I cried, struggling through his grasp of his huge, rough hand as he dragged me along through the frightening hallway. This can't be happening, I can't allow myself to be forced into this! I attempted another abrupt tug, but it's no use, he was still grabbing hold of my arm- suddenly, without notice, he yanked me closer to him. I am too weak against master; he was way more bigger and stronger than I am, compared to my physical appearance, I was just as skinny as a twig.

"You better do as you're told, boy- or have you forgotten that you and that whore have to pay your debt?!" screamed Master. His huge, rough face crumbled and the wrinkles deepen further. This isn't the pleasant side of him anyone would want to see.

"Please, I don't want to!" I begged. He ignored me and carried on, forcing me to walk ahead to the place that I didn't want to be in. I had hoped it wouldn't come to this, but my worst nightmares came true.

"Sell your body and pay back what you owe me!" said he. Master's words stabbed right through my heart and in result emotions desperately oozed out of me, tears almost overflowing out of my eyes. This was it. This was my destiny- I'm going to sell myself. There's no way I can ever escape. Mother, help me, please.

CLASH!!!--

Unexpectedly, Master stood still and at the same time, I quickly turn to the sudden sound, it felt like the sound of glass shattering. My senses were true. I saw pieces of broken weed-coloured glass scattered on the floor, then it came to me. I felt his grasp on my arm loosen. My eyes scanned up to master's face, and he looked as if he was traumatized by something. Immediately, his weight pulled him flat onto the ground, and as he did, I found a woman in a silk dress with heels stood closely behind us with the broken wine bottle in her tightly clutched hands, which surprised me. It was my saviour.

"Mother!"

"Abel, darling!" she shrieked, throwing the object away as she ran towards me. We cling onto each other with affection, almost suffocating one another to death. Her chest is so warm. Mother's arms were like cotton wrapped around me in protection. Quickly, she awoke me from the comfort-zone and slightly parted my body away from her's.

"My dear, this is your chance now! Escape this instant!" she cried, lightening her face, as if there's hope.

"What about you?"

"Never mind me, you have a future out there, I don't--"

"But you can escape with me!" I argued, trying to persuade mother. She sealed her eyes, tilting her head down as she shook it with intensity. I don't understand. Why can't she come with me? I frowned in grief, just as mother tried to hide her expression, yet it was clearly visible to me. Mother's sombre eyes cannot be mistaken. She felt awful, and I knew that.

"You don't understand, little flower, I'm trapped here-- I can't escaped from my own fate," Mother breathed in agony, tears flowing upon her fragrant cheeks.

"But, Mother! They might kill you for what you've done!" Mother interrupted, as she reached her hand to my face, caressing it softly.

"Hush darling- it's alright, he only passed-out. Please, run away from this place as far as you can" Mother smiled, wiping my drenched eyes with her palms.

"But, mo--" I struggled to explain, but stopped immediately. It was that face, the face Mother made, which caused me to feel uneasy. I have to do it now. I have no other choice. I need to listen to Mother, for her sake, too.

"For me, Abel, please..."