A cure for boredom

Chapter one: Remedy

He was bored, extremely so. There was nothing to do, or rather, nothing he could do. He was the king, he couldn't just go gallivanting off into the woods or retreat to the baths or something like that. Being in charge could sometimes be a pain in the ass and he did sincerely wonder how his father had managed to stay sane for the many years he had been the ruler of this place.

Right now his son was out on a patrol, killing spiders and orcs and by Eru, he would have loved to join him. Everything was better than this. He sat there on his throne, looking great as always but nothing happened. There were nobody there asking to meet the king, no council meetings scheduled for days and the palace was almost deserted in the summer heat. Everybody was out hunting, gathering food or just having fun. He wasn't amused, not in the slightest. He was bored and wondered if he could be excused if he went to the library and found a book. He could sit there reading, claiming that it was some sort of important document.

He cringed, there was one book he had been reading just a few nights ago and he had found it by a coincidence in a rather messy part of the library. There were a lot of scrolls and books left by his father and even more which had been brought there from different other realms and not all of them were placed into the shelves. He had found it in a crate, a small red book which was seemingly rather uninteresting. He didn't know why he had picked it up but he had and he had opened it and what he saw had him stand there staring for a while. He had brought the book back to his private chambers, hidden underneath his cloak, and he had hid it well so the servants wouldn't find it when they changed his bedding. He had been reading it that night and before long he had to put a hand to himself, not only one time but several.

The very idea of what that book contained had bothered him for days now, he hadn't dared to read more but what he did read was glued to his mind still. He had no idea that any of the eldar were able to write something that...arousing. He squirmed in the seat, now that his thoughts had been turned in that direction it was hard to think of anything else. Oh by Eru, he was tormenting himself, he shouldn't think about such pleasurable activities right now, after all, he was in the throne room and the only people present were two guards who were placed right at the base of the dais.

He stared down at them, took a sip of his wine and something awakened in his gaze. Yes, he was the king, he ought to be able to do whatever he wanted right? He had been chaste for too goddamn long, it had been more than a year since the last time he had bedded someone and he was rather hot-blooded in spite of his often cool and indifferent behavior. The first centuries after his wife died he had managed to remain completely celibate but it became too much in the end and he didn't really care about the laws and rules the valar supposedly wanted the eldar to follow. It was all just pious superstition and was probably just made to prevent the noldor from having too much fun.

He stared at the two guards, they were both young and rather new to the guard company, both sylvan and both very pretty and absolutely attractive. He smirked, the slow smirk of a cat who has spotted a lame rat trapped in a corner. Now this could be fun, in fact the little plan he was making in his head would ensure him entertainment for days to come. He just had to choose the right moment, yes, this was a good idea. It would provide him with a welcome distraction and be a nice challenge. It would solve his boredom problem and his other problem too. Just the thought of the book and what it contained had made him painfully aroused.

He emptied the goblet by his side and leaned back into the throne, he knew the routine the servants followed and soon somebody would come to make sure that the candles hadn't burned completely down. He didn't care if that somebody was an elleth or an ellyn, if the elf in question was pretty enough he would give it a try anyhow. He knew what his good looks did to others and he did also know that many dreamed of being bedded by him, if only once. The two guards were not allowed to move unless they were ordered to and he chuckled to himself, being watched wasn't something he ordinarily enjoyed but he was rather eager to see how the two of them would react. It could be very interesting indeed.