I love you

Read note at the end for some updates

********Vincent’s POV********

            I felt someone shaking my shoulder but I didn’t feel like opening my eyes to see who it was. I was suddenly rolled on my back, but I still didn’t care. I wanted to stay in this blissful darkness.

            ‘I can’t believe they are getting mar-‘ my thoughts are cut off when I feel a pair of soft lips press against mine. I open my eyes and gaze into Caleb’s amazing green eyes. Since he is so close I can pick out the sea blue that looks like it is swirling in his eyes, like they are trying to hypnotize you (which just might be working). He pulls away and is on his knees leaning on his heels.

            “Are you ready to get up now or do you want to stay on the floor?”

            “Do I have a choice?” He stands up and gives me a hand, which didn’t actually help because of how small he is. I was halfway up when I feel back and took Caleb with me. We looked at each other quickly then busted into fits of laughter.

            Once we finished laughing and wiped the tears from our eyes, we stood up. I looked around the living room and didn’t see his parents anymore. Caleb sensing my confusion answered my question without me having to ask.

            “They went out for dinner since you were asleep on our floor. We will just reschedule the dinner.” He walks away from our spot in the middle of the living room and heads up the stairs. I follow after him and he leads me to his bedroom.

            “It is so good to see your bedroom without having to worry about falling off a ladder.” I looked around taking everything in. His walls were a champagne color and were covered in drawings. One wall looked like it was dedicated to all drawings he did while he was younger. The wall above his bed was covered in more advanced drawings ranging from landscape to family portrait.

            One picture caught my eyes and it was the one closest to his headboard. I walked over and peeled it slowly off the wall.

            “Don’t look at that, it’s horrible.” I look more closely at the piece of paper and notice it is a drawing of me.

            “This is amazing Caleb, when did you draw this?”

            “The third day I knew you. I was bored and started drawing. I didn’t realize what I was drawing until I finished. Just put it back, we have more important things to talk about.” He sits in the middle of his bed and pats the seat beside him.

            “What are we going to do about our parents getting married? Are they going to make us stop seeing each other? Will the disown us? What if they disown us, we can’t make it out there.” His breathing starts to pick up pace until he is panting and struggling for air. I pick him up and out him in my lap, rubbing his back, and rocking slowly.

            “Caleb, you need to calm down. We have plenty of time to talk about this and stuff might change before the wedding. We have about a year before we legally become brothers. Let’s focus on now and what is coming up, like your birthday.” I look at his face to see a slight blushing rising up his face.