Chapter 8

Basketball rehearsals was great, t'was a bit had when I first started but I learnt faster as there were no oppositions around me there. Not like there was none, but there were not very visible cause there were underground.
I knew something was up when Tyler started getting too close to me, she either wanted something or she want to do something bizarre.

Tyler Miguel is a student and we're in same class grade. She was a junior grade 3 student. We usually don't talk, we've actually never been friends.
But since I joined the basketball club, we became unnecessarily close.

We had basketball till school closed, and when the alarm rang, Daniel came to the field waiting for me to pack up so we can walk to the bus together. It had become a normal thing, we didn't care anymore who would talk or who was talking, but we were not dating or maybe not formally.

Tyler rushed to Daniel and fell on him like she were a giant rock about to crush something, the force at which she pushed herself on him made them both land on the ground. She did that on purpose and I'm certain.

"Oh sorry, I had no intentions bumping into you like that." "I guess I am just too excited to see you. Hi I'm Tyler". She said quite fast like the words were burning her tongue.
Of course they should, since she was lying.

"I'm a friend of Kim, so I guess we could be friends too right?" She said raising her brow in the most annoying way. I realized she does that first tine of an anter's beam raising whenever she's up to something devious.

"I'm Daniel, and I'm a grade 1 senior." He said like he was kinda informing her to keep off.

"So, how do cope with music as a basketball football player?"

"Well it's quite easy... just be determined and you would get it right". It was obvious he didn't want to talk to her, he was there for me and the moment I was done packing my stuffs, I walked away with him.

"Hey Kim!" She rushed to me and gave me a big hug. "Bye deary, see you tomorrow".

DANIEL'S POV

The ride home was quite fast, we didn't talk much. I wasn't in a good mood, and I couldn't tell her why cause I knew she'd freak out. I didn't want us fighting, at least not now that things were going fine between us.

She seemed quite disturbed by my silence, but I was not willing to share and I know how bad she felt about that.

We got to my house and she pushed the stop button.
"Go home, you don't seem in the right mood for a gist". I felt bad inside, I knew my silence hurt her but I just can't tell her why, so I got down. I tried waving, but she wasn't looking, and I know it was intentional.

As the bus moved, I walked to my door feeling sorry for making Kim feel the way she did.

Later that evening, Zatt and Aaron came to my place and they brought, Mildred, Ashley and Pat. They came to play the new video game I just got, so I went to my room to get an extra pad and Ashley followed.

After a while, I went to the sitting room and played video game with the guys.

"Hey Dan, what's up with your gal uhhnn, you're getting too close to that girl. She's way off your league man, you're bringing yourself down to those juniors, don't be surprised if they start visiting." Zatt said with eyes glued to the game.