Chapter 23

Michael almost cried as he left his and Ashton's shared room. Why didn't he see this? It was only because of luck that he'd gone into that bathroom. It was only because of luck that Ashton had forgotten to lock the door. It was only because of luck that he had gotten there in time.

"Michael, mate, you alright?"

Michael looked up to see that Calum was standing next to him. His face was full of concern and worry. Michael hated his band mates feeling like that.

He groaned."He's not getting any better, Cal, I don't know what to do."

"What do you mean?" Calum asked, worrying even more."What happened?"

Michael wanted to tell, but he remembered how sad and desperate Ashton was. He couldn't betray him, not as his words repeated in his mind.

"No! You can't tell them, Mikey. You can't. Promise me you won't. Promise!"

He couldn't do that to him."I... I went in, and he was crying in his bed. He wouldn't talk to me, Cal, I can't do anything. He won't let me!"

Calum pulled Michael into a hug."I'm sorry about what I said, Michael." He let Michael go."Of course I'll help. It was selfish of me to say that, and I'm sorry. I left you alone through all of this, and I shouldn't have done that. But I'm here now, and I'm sorry."

"Thank you Calum," Michael breathed."I'm going to go downstairs now."

"I'll go back to Aleiney. You know where I'll be if you need to talk."

******************

Ashton lay on his back in his bed, staring at the roof. Why did he forget to lock the door? Why did Michael have to find him? Why did he have to be stopped?

He kicked the mattress, shoved one of his pillows in his face and screamed. He didn't care how loud he screamed, he just needed to let it out.

A knock on the door stopped him, however. Ashton squeaked out a small,"Hello?" and the door opened.

A blond entered. Luke."Ash? Are you okay? I heard crying."

"Go away Luke."

"Ash, I-"

Ashton couldn't deal with this right now. He just couldn't. "I don't care, Luke. Get lost."

Luke blew up."This isn't fair. I've done nothing wrong, and you ignore me. I don't understand."

"I can't do this right now!" Ashton yelled."You need to leave. Now!"

A tear slipped from the blond's eyes, followed by another and another. Soon, Luke couldn't stop them. "P-please, Ash. I need y-you! Please don't leave me," He begged, his pleas coming out as small whimpers."Youre my b-best friend."

It's up to you Ashton, the voices said. Help Luke and cheer yourself up for a while, and destroy the band and everybody get hurt, or break Luke's heart.

Ashton looked away from the blond. He didn't want to look into those beautiful sapphire eyes as he said,"I'm sorry Lukey. I can't, I just can't."

Before Luke could say anything, Calum and Michael appeared behind him.

"Guys, what's going on?" Michael asked worriedly, having heard yelling of sorts from downstairs.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing," Luke stated, storming off. Calum followed, leaving Ashton alone with Michael.

"Don't bother, Michael. Go away," Ashton ordered before Michael could start.

"No, Ashton, I'm not going anywhere."

Ashton groaned."I don't want you here."

Michael sighed."Cut the bullshit, Ashton. You want me here, you need me here and you know it. You're pushing us away and we don't know why but we do know that you need support. And that's what we're going to give you. I'm here for you, Ashton. What I saw earlier scared me. I didn't think that you'd ever get there again, but I'm going to help you, yeah? You need to stop pushing me away."

" I don't need your help, Michael. I don't need it and I don't want it. I'm sorry you had to see that, but I'm alright now, and I don't need anyone. In fact, I'd rather be alone. Goodbye."

Michael knew that pushing the curly haired boy would turn out badly, so he left the room. He left Ashton to his own thoughts, which was never the best of ideas.

Yo! :)

How's it going?

Sorry if there's any sort of mistakes, it's almost two o'clock in the morning and I'm currently obsessing over YouTube videos. Idek why, I do that.

Well, hope you enjoyed this update. I guess you can say that things might be turning out good soon. Depends on how you look at it. Okay, probably now. Idk.

I love your sexy faces ;)

I'll see y'all in the comments or the next update, suckers :P

BUUHHYYYYYYY *Wink*