ROAD TRIP

I woke up ready to face the day. This was the last day of school before we moved on with our lives. I slowly moved my feet to the side of the bed, and sat up. I could feel the cold creeping from my bedroom window. I recalled the night before, I had it opened looking for the north star. That was my thing I always made wishes on it since i was 7 years old. My grandmother passed away when i was 7, And she always told me she would hear my wishes as long as i wished on the north star. I have never told anybody, expect for my friend Ari. As i sat there i started to regret leaving my window opened. I quickly jumped up and closed it and ran back to my bed, where i quickly wrapped myself up. No sooner as i had done that my door to my bedroom slammed opened. standing there was my half brother zack or as my mother called him zackie. He just turned 5 last week. He was so small for his age. I watched as he turned and ran back down the hall, calling out for mom. "mom Ashlee is still in bed!" I rolled my eyes and covered my head. He is such a tell it all. A few seconds later i heard footsteps coming down the hall and stop in my door way. I then heard my mothers voice asking me. "you are not going to play hookie today are you?"  "No mom!" I murmered from under the blanket. "Good." she answered back followed by, "I didn't think you would but you never know." I listened to her foot steps fade and decide to get dressed. I grabbed my favorite gray and white sweater and jeans and threw myself together. I had just finished brushing my teeth when mom yelled up stairs to me "Ari's here!" She has drove me to school the last three weeks, thats how long she has had her driving licenses. As for me i still have not passed the test. Unlike school i have always been straight A student.    
Ari on the other had B'S & C'S she got into the same college as me, And not for her grades but because she got a soccer scholarship. I took one last look at myself and headed down stairs.