Page 17

Finn's P.O.V

'Ring ring' the sound of a phone ringing was enough to cause both of us to stop our acts. I was playing the role of the prey and I'm guessing the water nymph was the predator. I quickly turned my head away from looking down at her as she made her way to the buckle of my blue shorts. I looked over and saw that in my green backback that i took off and put over beside me was vibrating. "Hold on, i need to get this." I told her calmly, on the inside i was freaking out at the entire situation but to my surprise she wasn't, is this a normal day for her?
She let out a small groan then smiled at me as she leaned back and sat in the floor, then nodded her head allowing me to answer the phone in my bag.
I let out a deek breath then opened my bag and sure enough, my phone was ringing. I slowly and shakily reached down and grabbed the phone, raising it up to my ear as i spoke, "hello?"
Then a response came, "hey finn, you almost done getting your tux?" I know that voice...
"Y-yeah marcy, I'm almost done, I'll be home soon."
She took a moment before responding, "alright, see you soon."
"Okay, bye."
"Bye," then i hung up the phone and fell back against the wall. I didn't notice it at the time but my cheeks were red from embarrassment, some hero i am huh?
"Sooo, who was that and what'd they want?" The water nymph asked me as she stood up from the ground and sat down on my lap.
I let out a even deeper breath than i did before answering the phone. "It was Marceline, she's expecting me home soon so could you just get me my tux, please?"
The water nymph let out a small chuckle as she got up from my lap and leaned over to kiss me on the cheek. "Whatever you want, hero of ooo."
Wow, that went easier than expected!