Chapter One: Capture

April 2nd, 3:30 a.m.

Hisoka's Point of View:

I was following Gon to the best of my ability, but he was a slippery little bugger. Winding turns, twisting this way and that... and my heeled shoes were making it a little difficult. Looking at my phone maps, I realized he was avoiding Illumi, and heading for the forest.

He's going to go for the trees. Even a master assassin like Illumi may have issues finding him there. I better text him at let him know to loop around.

He's going for the trees... knock him out. I want him alive and mostly one piece.

Whatever is necessary Hisoka.

Satisfied with the response, I stop, watching the young man disappear into the treeline. Illumi would bring him to me close enough.

Illumi's Point of View:

The eerie movements of my thinner frame were silent. I aimed from one tree to another, shadowing the boy as easily as a fox does it's own prey. It was a hunt, and while troublesome, I enjoyed it... however, something was nagging on me.

Killua... he better do as he's expected, or this won't end well.

A loud crash sounds nearby, a tree to my right shaking like a mere leaf in a strong breeze. My right brow lifts slightly, inwardly bemused at the display of force. Slinking down the tree gracefully, I survey the area, looking for my brother. White locks pop from the foliage, icy orbs level and calm as he speaks, dropping the unconscious boy to the floor.

"I knocked him out as requested, Illumi. I didn't enjoy the look of betrayal in his eyes, but I did it. It's done." I nodded, watching the boy silently, debating on how exactly to praise him. This was hard for him to do, but he's grown a lot in the time I've mentored him again. Gently patting his head, I look calm as I speak.

"It needed done. You can carry him, if you like." Killua scoops the boy up, throwing him over the shoulder like a sack of flour, hesitating slightly as we walk.

"Aniki, I..." He hesitates, and I tense, expecting him to bolt, looking back to see his cat like eyes in tears. My own widen slightly in alarm, stepping closer to his tiny frame. "I did well, right?" I pause, nodding and offering a small smile, patting his hair gently. His shoulders slump, relieved, and he offers me a brilliant smile.

My brother will do exceedingly well. He's growing into his position, and becoming a true Zoldyck. Father couldn't be more proud.

We walk quietly to the tree line, emerging a few hundred yards from our client. The walk was silent, Hisoka meeting us towards the city limit, a bemused smile on his face.

"Wonderful. Thank you, Illumi... and you as well, Killua. The arranged payment will be wired over and accessible by midnight tonight, as agreed upon. Oh, and due to your exemplary help, I added a bonus for you both." I nodded to the man, a little more at ease, and he nods back, watching Killua in interest. To his credit, the boy doesn't react, calmly stepping closer and letting Gon fall to the ground, cradling his head to prevent injury. Hisoka graves the unconscious boy gently, letting his Bungee Gum wrap around his wrists to ensure the boy doesn't fall from his shoulders, turning away to leave. Killua and I watch a few moments, before turning and silently wandering towards the air ship, the opposite direction.

"Aniki?" I looked briefly to the young boy beside me, my sibling. Giving a silent nod, I show I'm listening and he has permission to speak.

He's seventeen now. Will mother carry out her promise? I'm not getting any younger...