Progule

These past weeks have been chaotic, madness in every direction.

Every time I think about them, I can't help but feel a mixture of emotions: love, betrayal, anger, annoyance and shock.

I guess I should tell you how it all started....

"Get out of my classroom !" My newly insutled French teacher screams at me, I can hear my class mates laugh in the background, knowing this was a daily occurrence.

"My pleasure, ma'am." I mockingly bow before slamming the door shut, full force.

It's already Period 4, an hour before I get out of this hell hole. But can I wait that long ? Na, I'm gonna ditch.

Within ten minutes I was at home, lying on the sofa in a fluffy stitch onesie.

*Knock* *Knock* I raise a brow, though no-one could see me.

When I answer the door, I get a shock to see who's on the other side. Apparently they do as well, probably wondering why I'm not in school.

"What can I help you with ?" I ask them....the police.

I do a small, fake cough. Hopefully, they'd think I was ill.

"You might want to sit down, Ms Burns."

My mind holds dreadful scenario's, ones of which I hope won't come true.

Once I let them inside, we sit in the second lounge.

"Ms Burns, your foster parents-"

I rudely interrupt. "I don't have foster parents."

The police men look at each other, they nod to each other.

"I'm sorry to inform you, but Andrew and Eleanor, were not your biological parents."

I blink, not believing it to be true. I can't believe they'd lie, they treated me as if I was their own..

Once I fully process what's been said I feel more tears cloud my vision.

"Were ?" My voice cracks...

That was the day my life changed forever.

I'd gone my whole life, always thinking they'd never lie to me. My heart breaks just thinking about them.

No matter how much they betrayed me, I will always look upon them as my parents.

I'd attended and spoken in their funeral, telling everyone how much I loved them, not once mentioning their betrayal

Tears cover my vision as I walk to the front, feet away from my lifeless parents.

"Eleanor and Andrew Burns, my mother and Father.

They will forever hold a deep place in all of our hearts.

They were determined, hard headed, stubborn and when they had there mind set on something, there was nothing you could do to stop it.

They could also be the most amazing, adoring, care-free, energetic and loving people you'll ever have the honour to meet.

I will always miss them, they were and forever will be, my parents.

In memory of Andrew Burns, age 39 and Eleanor Burns, age 38."

Everyone clapped as I sit down, head between my legs, supported by my hand.

I'd vistited their graves many times, often sitting their for a while.

I'd tell them how everyone was doing, keeping them updated.

As I'd walk out of the church yard, or even down the street, I was met with look of sympathy. I hated it.

A part of me wanted to start a new life, but I also couldn't leave my parents.

I talked to them, a couple days after the funeral.

I asked them if it was OK if I met my biologic family, telling them they'd always be my parents and that they had a special part in my heart.

Moments later, a robin flew by and say on my Father's grave, it skipped to my Mother's before flying away.

I took this as a sign.

What I didn't expect however, was that I'd already lost another set of parents...

Within the week, the police had already got hold of my biologic family.

I remember being both excited, and scared to meet them.

When they walked through the door, I couldn't believe my eyes, I had 12 Brothers.

That meant 12 more over protective, crazy, loving brothers than I'd ever had.

They live in California and soon after meeting them I did too.

It all passed so quickly, one minute I'm texting on the 'wellington high' group chat that I'm moving schools, houses' and county's, the next I'm packing and on a plane.

But one thing one is for sure,

I'll never get over having 12 Brothers.

A/N- I promise not all of this book will be that depressing and short.

Thanks for reading !