Chapter 5: Pretty Boy

It had been days and the cute stranger (as Charlie would call him) had not come into the shop. Zach, even though he had barely talked to the tattooed stranger, felt disappointed whenever the bell would ring and he wouldn't come through the door.

It was another cold, December Monday. And as usual, not many people were in the shop at the moment so Zach sat on the counter and sketched nee designs, still contemplating if they would work or not. He heard the familiar jingle and quickly scrambled off the counter top, throwing his sketchbook in the empty box under the counter. He cleared his throat and saw him, the tattooed stranger. Zach's throat hitched slightly, for a reason unknown to him.

"Welcome back, stranger! What can i get ya?" Zach said cheerfully. Jack only smiled and looked at the menu then at his phone.

"Can I get four croissants, two caramel lattes, an apple juice, and just black coffee, please?"

It was almost the same as last time. "Its going to take a couple minutes for the croissants to be done since we ran out right before closing yesterday. I'm super sorry," Zach apologized. Jack waved his hands.

"No need to apologize, I'm already late so I don't mind waiting a couple minutes."

"Cool! Then your drinks will be right up. This is to-go, correct?" Zach asked. Jack nodded and sat in a seat near the window, watching the snow flutter down. Zach immediately got to work, grabbing an apple juice bottle from the fridge and placing it next to the register. He started and very quickly finished the black coffee. Then got started on the lattes. While putting the foam on top he heard a ding come from the back.

"Hey Charlie!" Zach shouted.

"Yo! The croissants done?"

"Could you check for me? I'm finishing up these lattes and collecting the money."

"Of course, your royal highness." She teased. Zach rolled his eyes but a chuckle slipped from his mouth. Charlie came back with the fresh batch of croissants and put them into the display.

"Can you put four into a bag? I need them for his order." Zach said, motioning towards the stranger.

"Ooooh, Mister Pretty Boy is back."

"Charles, shut up and just put the croissants in the bag."

"Fine, fine." She grabbed four with a napkin and placed them into the bag, setting it beside the other drinks.

"Hey, Pretty Boy, your order is ready!" Charlie called out. Jack turned his head, a confused look on his face. Zach chuckled, clearly embarrassed and a face that reads 'I'm sorry'. Jack puts a twenty on the counter and grabbed the bag a drinks.

"Keep the change." He said and winked as he left the store. A small blush dusted Zach's cheeks and he covered his face with his hand. (A/N: kinda like when Kousuke saw Shin-Ae in his shirt. aaaaaannnnd no one probably gets that reference)

"Oooooooo, Pretty Boy might like you." Charlie teased, nudging his side.

Zach choked and cleared his throat. "Aha, I doubt it. Get back to baking missy."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say King."

Zach looked at the twenty again and blushed again.

Stupid Pretty Boy.

A/N: HIIIII. IM BACK~ also I indirectly made a Seven Deadly Sins reference at the end there ;))))
krill me
anyways, I'm so glad to be back and im sorry for any typos or grammar mistakes. please correct me. Love all of you uwuwuwuwu
~Maya

Edit: since some people wanted a reference picture:

this is what i was referring to when Zach covered his face