Ch. 1: The Challenge

Celeste's POV

Pain..is all I feel. Every day of my life, I feel the smack of a whip. I feel the burning in my back. Blood falls down my back and I scream to the top of my lungs. Blood is all I see. It is all I feel and taste. My whole body is stained in the color that I always loved, red. I now see the color for what it is. Its disgusting and I hate it!

"How long will she last?". I look up from my prison and see my abductors talking. "She's been here for at least 6 months, she hasnt broken yet. She is one tough girl". "She looks like a fighter, but have you thought of other uses for her?", the man asked, licking his lips. It pissed me off. I hated men like that, but im used to it. Ever since I came here, men have lined up to romance, flirt, and get me in bed. I did the same to all those asking. I ended up kicking their asses! Well..that is until a certain asshole stepped in. Out of everything I have faced, I have not seen someone come back from the dead. Thats never crossed my mind, till I learned that the dark elf named Anthony revived. It was a complete shock to me. They said he died, that he was killed. I saw his dead body, so how did he come back to life!? "Excuse me, its time". I see another man come up to the two other men. They then looked at me and I knew already what they wanted. It had been time for my challenge. The two men came to my cage and opened it. They grab me by my arms and unlocked my cuffs, and guided me out the room I had been kept. When the door opened and I squnited from the light. It had been morning already. I barely got any sleep yesterday or the day before that. I havent been able to sleep for the past months. I was too much in pain. I had been beaten badly and had cuts and bruises that hurt when I got comfortable. So I could only sleep sitting, against the cage. It was the only way to sleep now. Guards stood outside and I had been escorted between them. They were there to make sure I didnt escape. I have tried a couple of times, but I was always caught. These guards are skilled and know where to find me. They have put a tracking device in my arm. I have tried to cut it out, but I cannot unless they do it. I know they cant nor will, so I have to face it. I deal with the punishment I get for running off. If that means getting beat or shot at. Either way, thats not the worst thing about being here. Its the challenges I have to do.

I stop and the men unlock my cuffs. "Who will be your opponent?". I look up as I see the boss of this whole abduction. "Hello Ronin...", I hiss.