8

Drawing not mine
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brock's POV

I stare at the papers in front of me. "Kindergarten" I muttered and continue staring at the papers in front of me. Brian pats my back. "We need to get him a good education. So.. I thought.. Why not enlist him in kindergarten?" Brian tells me and smiles. I started crying on the inside. I didn't want my beloved baby going off so soon to kindergarten, but I couldn't say no. After all Brian was right... he needed an education. I look over at Evan who's playing quietly with building blocks. I sigh and look at Brian with sadness, he kisses my forehead and gives me a pen. "I know you don't want too. But you know very well you have too" He tells me and points at where I have to sign. I stare at it before taking a deep breathe and putting the pen on the paper.

Brian's POV

Evan holds my hand tightly as I walk him to the school. Brock was holding onto my arm and I could tell he was trying very hard not to cry. I don't blame him though, the toughest part of being a parent is watching them leave, but Evan's just going to school so it's fine? I felt Evan squeeze my hand tighter as we got closer to the school. "Welcome to your new school Evan" I tell him and open the door. Evan hides behind me and holds onto my leg. I felt Brock let go of my arm and pick him up. "Evan it's okay. You'll meet a lot of new people today!" Brock says happily and goes up to the desk. I follow after them and look inside. "Excuse us?" I ask and a man comes up. "Oh hello! Are you the Hanby's?" The man says while picking up a piece of paper. "Yes. We're here to drop off our son Evan" I told him and patted Evan's head. He smiles at Evan. "Hello Evan. My name is John. I heard you're Canadian! My son is Canadian too!" John says smiling. "I'm the principal of this school. My secretary is out right now, but allow me to show you to your class"

He started showing us to Evan's classroom where a few kids were playing already. "We respect everyone here. If anyone is getting bullied we'll be sure to put an end to it" John told us and looked inside. "Jaren! Will you please come here?" He said and a boy with white hair turned around and ran over to us. "Oh! I recognize you" I told him. "You're the kid with the 3D glasses" I laugh a little. Jaren nods and smiles shyly. Brock put Evan down and urged him to play with Jaren. Evan looked at us a bit scared, but Jaren already grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the other kids. Brock hugged me and kept watching Evan. John smiled and took us out of the room. I held onto Brock and looked at John. "I'm sorry. It's difficult-" He cut me off. "I know. It's difficult to see your kids leave. It's only for an hour here. It's fine. He'll make friends here. I promise you" He told us reassuringly.

Evan's POV

"You already know my name Evan! Let me show you my friends!" Jaren told me and brought me over to his friends. "Guys! Meet Evan! He's Canadian like me!" A kid with a hat on looked at me. "Hi. My name is Marcel" He told me and pointed at his hat. "I like Adventure time!" He says happily. Jaren pointed at a kid. "This is Cameron!" He smiles. Cameron waves at me and goes back to playing with his blocks. A kid walked up to me and shakes my hand. "My name is scotty!! I'm Marcel's brother!!" I smile softly at him. "I wanna say hi too!" A little kid who's smaller than me says. "My name is Joe! I like squirrels!!" He giggles and shakes my other hand. I giggle and smile. They all seem so nice!

"M-my name is Evan. I like owls" I tell them still a bit shy. They all nod and smile. "Evan! You can play with us. We were just about to play superheros. Who do you wanna be?" Marcel told me and looked at me. I thought for a bit before putting on a smile. "I wanna be Batowl!"