2: 𝒪𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝑅𝒶𝓎 𝐵𝑒𝓃𝒿𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓃

Note:
The first two chapters are boring but
it's all the information and the
process to the more entertaining
chapters! So please be patient!

_______________________________

₵Ⱨ₳₱₮ɆⱤ ₮₩Ø

• • •

I woke up to a slight headache, I wince as the pounding grew stronger. Im guessing it's because of how much I cried last night. I don't think I ever cried that much in my life—no, I know I haven't. Crying will not get me far, I'm just so emotionally hurt...

Turning on the left side of my body in my cozy bed, I stare out the window. My eyes direct their attention towards the door as my mother walks in quite cheerfully. She had the kitchen spoon in hand, slinging it as she hummed a lullaby that was well know—it was passed down to us wolves by generations.

"Oh winter, oh midnightA wolf howls in the mistDown there she stands under the coldMidwinterMidwinter skyNow she is aloneDeep in the forest with her lullabyIn the cold midwinterSearching for warmthThe end is close"

A wolf howls in the mist
Down there she stands under the cold
Midwinter
Midwinter sky
Now she is alone
Deep in the forest with her lullaby
In the cold midwinter
Searching for warmth
The end is close"

I smile hearing her sing made me feel at peace slightly. Even though the poem it depressing, it's beautiful at the same time—I find it soothing. My smile quickly disappears as fast as it came.

I always thought she wanted me to mate with my true mate. She always talked about how if I found my mate it would be the best feeling in the world—that she couldn't wait to see her grandchildren and meet my mate.

I began to look forward to my mate as each day passed as a child. I could not wait to meet my mate, it was my dream—to be loved, cherished and utterly happy with my other half.

She said Just looking at him would drive me crazy, and so would he feel the same for me; that nothing was stronger than our love or mate-pull.

I whimper as I thought more about my mate. I can never be with my actual, true mate—my soulmate, the other half of me. I felt my eyes water up at the thought, this felt like betrayal.

"Get up, Tahoni," she pulls my cover off and realizes Im already awake. She looks at me curiously then it dawns on her, "Oh honey, it won't be so bad."

"Maybe after you give him pups he might let you see other people. He might have a mistress too!" She rubbed my shoulder and I jerked away.