Darkness Wins

My breathing quickened as I realised what I had done. The oxygen catching in my throat resulting in short gasping breaths. The shortened oxygen supply tightened the pressure on my skull. I was unable to escape it. My head began to buzz like a rhythmic hum that flooded my stuff cold body. Tears began to form as my mind began to lose its grasp from reality.

The settled dust began to bounce from the damp floor as the footsteps neared me. I turned to cover my mouth but couldn't before the foul smell of the filth on my hands filled my nostrils. I firmly placed my hand over my mouth and inched further from the door and into the menacing shadows of the dim room. The cracked and dust ridden window pain in the door made it difficult to tell how much longer I'd be alone for. I strained my eyes to discover what I could but to no avail.

The handle began to shift as the door rumbled with it. My mind wondered to the horrible evil that lay behind. I forced my eyes shut. I couldn't face the door or what existed between myself and the doors exterior. The doors sound became deafening and intrusive. It sensed my fear. I was being taunted, mocked. I let my arms drop to my side against the stiff and scratchy wall. My limps bounced lifelessly.

My head snapped in the direction of the door and the sound of it snapping shut sent shivers down my spine. I couldn't bring myself to view what may now be in the room with me when a pair of icy fingers pressed against the nape of my neck. My heartbeat turned to rhythmic drumming in my ears thumping louder and louder with each beat.

I cracked my eyes open to inspect the person in front of me. The angel...t-the statue...it was the statue. The blood was now conjeled and dripping in lumps down her stiffened body. Her face inches from mine. The wavy structured hair of hers sat neatly in place placed slightly covering her face. Her eyes empty. A frozen look of grief sat upon her sunken features. Her stiff fingers began to wrap round my throat. As the air supply slowed my vision became hazy yet I could see she was no longer sad, a crooked smirk began to crawl across her face. It was the last thing I witnessed.