Chapter 23: Nancy Drew

Norah's Pov still:

~*~*~

Sitting in the waiting room with Mariah was torture. Sitting there not being able to do anything, all you do is sit and wait, it's not fun in the slightest bit. Mariah looks on edge since we got to the canyon, more so than the rest of us.

"Who was in the blue truck?" I ask quietly, playing with my fingers.

"Brandon," she says almost too quiet where I don't know if I heard her correctly.

"What?" I say in utter shock.

"It was Brandon in the blue truck," Mariah whispers, a single tear running down her face.

"I think I know who caused the accident," I say quietly.

Mariah looks up at me with wide eyes. "Who?"

I think it was her father and another woman," I say, making sure nobody around us can hear us.

"How do you know?" Mariah asks.

"I after he sent Elli to the hospital the last time, I had a really bad feeling that that wasn't gonna be the last time he goes after her so I would watch him from my window. He'd come home with this lady every other day around two in the morning every single time, this has been happening for weeks," I say. "She didn't show up until after the shooting tho and once a week guys gather at her house, Ian, the guy Elli talked to who was in custody would go up until he got arrested. He told Elli that her mother's killer was closer than she realized."

"You're not saying what I think you're saying," Mariah says.

"I think Elli's dad killed her mother by hanging her to see when she got home and did the same to Aaron's mom," I say, trying to put the pieces together.

"How do you know all of this?" Mariah asks.

"You have to promise not to tell anyone," I say.

"I promise," Mariah says.

"I went through Elli's window and broke into her house while her and Alec were at the cliff for the first time," I whisper.

"What did you find?" Mariah whispers.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and pull up a picture of a bulletin board with names, phone numbers, photos, x's on the people who I assumed were already dead or have been caught. I hand my phone to Mariah and she zooms in on the photos.

"Oh my god..." Mariah whispers. "The lists, there are two with photos of them and their name again underneath, one for those who work with him and those who he's gunning for. Brandon was on the list of those who worked with him, so is Alyssa and I can't read the rest of it, Ian's photo has an X over it so I assume that's cause he was arrested?"

"Dead or arrested I think," I say, biting my nails.

"Alec, Aaron, Elli, Nichole, Amber, they're all on the hit list," Mariah said slowly. "We gotta get back into that house."

"I know, but I think we should wait until everything dies down. Who knows if he has anyone in this waiting room right now to see if they're dead."

"I knew Alyssa was acting strange this past week and Brandon was nowhere to be found. It all adds up. Alyssa would join cause she can't stand Elli, Brandon probably got his dumb ass in trouble and this was the way to get out of it."

"How did he look in the car?"

"It had to of happened within the last two weeks, the body stunk and I think he drove off the edge on purpose, his seatbelt wasn't on and his neck was snapped, I could just tell by the position of the bone structure. Brandon knows to wear a seatbelt, his mom died cause she wasn't wearing one in a car accident so that was a definite suicide."