Chapter Two

2

"Bree, let's take a picture!" Retina's words felt like a gunshot at me.

"Bree!"

"Bree!"

"Bree, I asked my mom if you could come over tonight, she said yeah!"

I sighed and wrote down in my miscellaneous notebook. Bree and I have been friends for a very long time, since second grade. It seems as if shes trading her fun life with me for a total different life.

Letting my tears stream out, I sat there alone crying, listening to the teacher's words. "Ancient Egyptians lived long ago, very long ago in Egypt. Of course, that's why their called Ancient Egyptians. Scientists have discovered many artifacts, fossils, you name it from their time period."

He went on and on, but I was done with Bree's crummy way she's been to me. She acts like she's known these girls since second grade, also!

Flashback..(skip if you want)

6th grade

"Don't you just hate Retina? Ugh. She's so mean!" Marilyn let out her message in a overwhleming way.

"She ruins my life as well." Bree nodded, rubbing her tired eyes. "She always bullies me, not physically, or even straight to my face, but somehow...she does."

The two girls smiled on their agreement. Somehow, the two always agreed.

"I'll never be her friend. She scares me." Bree smiled a little, gripping Marilyn's hand.

"We'll be friends forever!" Marilyn chanted.

Retina then walked by, sending the two girls an awful glare. "Ew." She whispered to her friends. "They're so immature." She sent them a look and then walked away.

Marilyn bit her lip and looked at Bree, who had fear in her eyes.

"Mariyln?"

"Marilyn?"

"Marilyn McAlestar!"

My flashback went away and my attention shot back up to the teacher, Mr. Fitzenburg. "Yes, sir? I'm sorry, I was uh, daydreaming?"

The kids behind me laughed and I couldn't help but blush. 

"That's enough!" Mr. Fitzenburg shot them all a glare. They stopped, which made me grin from ear to ear. I mouth him a thank you.

He nodded. "So I suppose you don't know the answer to number four on the board?"

I looked up, shaking my head fast. "Yes I do! The Egyptians took pride in the heritage because they thought it was the best of the whole world, making them arrogant, most arrogant, indeed."

He looked impressed. "A+! Magnificent studies, Marilyn." He clapped joyfully, winning a laugh of respect from myself. 

The bell rang and the class rushed out of class, except for me. I grabbed my books and put my pencil away in my hello kitty pencil bag, pushing in my chair. I gave my teacher a sweet smile and rushed out the door.

 Picture of Bree on the side!