Chapter 27 - Damaged Quiff

Demi's Pov:

Zayn's been so sweet this week. Firstly saving my life, then waking me up by singing a song he wrote to me and then is still with me after me sleeping with Selena. The doctors came earlier and said I can go home, which I was so happy to hear. Zayn grabbed all my things and drove me home.

"Demi. Can I ask you something?" Zayn asked, sitting me down on the couch.

"Yeah, sure! Fire away!" I said.

"How can you even joke about fire after you nearly dying from one?" Zayn whispered, shocked that I'd just said that.

"Oh fuck sorry! I didn't realize what I said! I didn't even think of that! I'm sorry baby!" I grabbed Zayn's hand.

"It's okay, I forgive you." Zayn kissed my head.

"Erm, I was gonna say, well, 'cause we haven't had a proper one yet..." Zayn rambled.

"Just spit it out!" I spoke.

"Okay. Will you go on a date with me?" Zayn said with adorable puppy dog eyes.

"Aww! I'd love to!" I kissed his hand...wait a minute...what's on his wrist?

"Zayn? What's on your wrist?" I asked, suspiciously. Zayn quickly pulled his arm away.

"Nothing." Zayn began to panic.

"Show me now!" I grabbed his wrist with some struggle. There was red scars all up his left arm. Oh no! Please tell me he hadn't...

"What have you done!" I cried.

"I couldn't cope, with Selena, with the fact that you might have died. I needed a release, to take the pain away. I'm sorry." Zayn weeped.

"Have you done this before? Do you do this regularly?" I cried starting to get worried.

"No. I swear. I just didn't want you to leave me. You're the only person who cares about me and knows who I really am under all that ego you're my world, my rock, my princess." Zayn sat me on his knee and I snuggled into his chest.

"And you're my knight with a damaged quiff!" I giggled.

"Hey! Leave my quiff alone! Anyway, the quote is 'My knight in shining armor'! Not a damaged quiff!" Zayn tried to hide his laughter.

"Whatever quiffy!" I giggled, running my fingers through his poor quiff. I love Zayn...and the damaged quiff!!

A/N: Just wanna say thank you all so much for all the reads! Can't believe it's got 2.4K and it's my first fanfic! Stay strong💪