Chapter 2, Part 2 - Only friendship?

Frida in the meantime explored Regina's little oasis. Her bedroom was vivid, chaotic and screamed "sex". One of the walls was black, the other 3 white. By the black one, she had a tiger-printed couch with neon coloured cushions and a tiny coffee table in front full of various stuff: a laptop, notebooks, drawings, pencils, lighters, an empty water bottle, an ashtray, used and unused tissues, hair elastics, at least 3 sunglasses and a pizza box underneath.

Next to this catastrophy was a basic drum kit. It wasn't much really, only the most necessary things: a snare, a hi-hat, a kickdrum, a tom-tom and a crash. It was designed to take as little space as possible. However the looks were unusual: the drums were fully transparent and of a reddish colour, very tasteful but very interesting. It didn't take Frida by surprise that Regina played the drums, she was drumming with her fingers on the tabletop the whole time they spent at Lolita's. That she thought about it more... she recalled seeing a similar-looking duo once at the University music festival, but it was nothing special really. A guitarist and a drummer... well, whatever, if they like it this way?

Frida suddenly noticed a spot of blinding light on the wall, then she realized it isn't the only one, moreover, they're moving. She looked up at the lamp: a pair of sparkly pink sneakers had been hung on it, the shoelaces tied together. "How the hell did those get there?" she thought to herself.

The walls had posters, mirrors, art and even empty frames on them. Then came the bed, covered in black, a few clothes laying on top, mostly tops and panties. A pinkish neon light at the head of it said "Well behaved women don't make history". Frida raised a brow.
-How true. -she murmured to herself.
-Hm? -by this time Reg was already settled on the bed, she looked up at Frida from there.
-What your sign says. I like it.
-Ha, I like it too.

For a moment the girls were just looking at each other. They were basically still strangers and yet it felt like they had known each other for a decade. Regina's body temperature was rising but she knew it wasn't the right time. She looked away and silence filled the room for a minute.

Frida broke it:
-Can I please get a towel? And maybe a tee to sleep in? And then I'm good, I won't ask for anything else I promise, I just... my clothes are dirty.
-Oh then please... -Regina stopped for a second. -Whatever, I'll give you one.
-Thanks.

Reg did as promised and handed her an oversized Tee-shirt and a towel. By the time Brianna came in, Frida was already showering and the girls finally had a little bit of time to discuss more than one thing, laying on the bed. They agreed on that Frida is a lovely girl and that she would make great company in the future.

-Although I find it weird that she talks like her majesty. -Reg imitated her.
-This is her way of talking, this is what makes her unique... one of the things that make her unique. Her features are so interesting. Kind of oriental, exotic, I'd say? -Bria explained accompanied by hand gestures.
-She's incredibly beautiful. -the blonde girl just stared at the ceiling.

Brianna looked at her bestie, worry in her eyes.

-Regina please don't. We just talked about that we'd like to stay in touch with her because she's cool. If you seduce her you will ruin everything and she definitely won't want to see us ever again.
-I won't touch her. -Reg cut it short and she closed her eyes.

In any other situation this response would've worried Bria, but she trusted her friend. It really looked as though she gave up on Frida.

Soon enough everyone got to shower and the girls fell asleep. Frida and Regina slept on the double bed, Brianna chose the couch in the living room.

Around 3:30 in the morning Reg woke up to drink a bit, her mouth was dry - strangely, no one laid beside her. Maybe she dreamt it all? Maybe Frida doesn't even exist... But then she noticed a feminine silhouette on the balcony. She got up, took her Japanese-print kimono and stepped outside as carefully as possible.

Frida was smoking, leaning on the fence, the light breeze was stroking her hair. She didn't notice Regina, until she felt the silky material of the kimono cover her back which made her shiver. She looked at the cigarette in her hand.

-Sorry, I... found it on the table, I really needed it. I'll return the favour sometime.
-I hope so. -Reg winked at her to make sure she knows there's no need to stress about giving a cigarette back.
They stood there in silence for a while, but it was a comfortable silence, not awkward at all. They both were exhausted but if the mind cannot sleep...
-What's that you wanted to say, dear? -Frida looked up at the stars.
Regina was confused.
-What, when?
-Before I went to shower.
-Oh, hm... do you really wanna know?
-I am curious. -Frida nodded.

The blondie sighed.
-You said your clothes were dirty, yeah?
-That's right.
-I was about to say "then please don't bother to take them off".

Frida let out the greatest laugh since a long time. She was used to flirting, but not with girls, as most of them considered her attitude too confident and they thought they wouldn't stand a chance. Even though she looked and acted like a goddess, Frederica was not happy about what she saw in the mirror. Her teeth bothered her and of course she had her battles with bodyhair as well (don't we all?) and because of this it was hard for her to accept compliments. This time though, Regina did really well, it worked, it made Frida feel good in her skin.

The intense laughter lasted for about two minutes, she kept laughing and laughing... until at one point it suddenly turned into crying. She slightly collapsed and buried her face into Regina's chest. Frida was sobbing and she wasn't about to stop anytime soon. Huge tears were rolling down her cheeks, falling onto Regina's skin.

Reg said nothing. She knew this was the after effect of what had happened earlier that day. She just held Frida steady, stroking her upper back, resting her other hand on the back of her head, so she knew she was safe. Her hair smelled like honey and rain, what an unusual combination.

They stayed like this for long minutes until the crying finally stopped. Frida slowly lifted her head from the blondie's collarbone to her face. Her eyes were drowning in tears, they reflected the cold shine of the Moon ever so painfully. She was craving to be cared for, to be held by someone and Regina did all of that: She was there for her, she didn't ask anything and she wiped a tear away from cheek.

Frida didn't think of the consequences when she softly laid her lips on Regina's to kiss her. It was just a kiss, the lightest and most gentle one that she has ever given and that Reg has ever recieved. Only god knows what would've happened if she kissed back, but she did not. Oh how she wanted to though... but as I said, she did not.

What Frederica needed was love, pure, sweet love and appreciation, and the blonde girl knew that she wasn't capable of giving her all of this. She wasn't the type for a serious relationship and she didn't want to play with Frida's feelings.

-I'm so sorry Reg, I'm so, so sorry, I didn't mean to...
-Sssssh... don't speak, don't make it harder for me. -Regina responded, gently brushing her thumb over Frida's lips.

Frida didn't quite understand what Reg was referring to, but she asked anyway.

-Can you please forgive me?
The blondie nodded slowly and added: -Just don't kiss me again.