Chapter Twenty One: We Found Love in a Hopeless Place

Chapter 21: We found love in a hopeless place.

Marcie's Point of View:

Sitting here, staring at the setting sun with some random stranger by my side, I feel more content with my life than I have in a while. Things feel so at peace, even if I know that they aren't.

Ever since I was eighteen and had Lacey, I've had no clue which direction my life has been going in.

Then, out of nowhere Louis shows back up in my life with his band, and I'm offered the opportunity of a lifetime. So, how did I mess everything up? I had everything anyone could ever ask for, and I walked away. Who does that?

I hate how much I've changed. The girl that I used to be would honestly be ashamed of the person that I am today. She would just shake her head and look away from the train wreck that is my life.

I feel a sharp pain in my side and realized that the Luna lookalike had elbowed me very hard in my side, but when I look at her she isn't looking at me. In stead, she's looking at the doorway that leads onto the roof.

I follow her gaze and my eyes lock with a pair of blue eyes that are all too familiar to me after all of these years.

"Louis." I breathe out. Not wanting to break eye contact with you.

"I've had a few hours to think about what I would say to you when I saw you, Marcie, but none of those words fit. See, I was ready to beg you to come back, but it's not worth it. You're not worth it. Someone who walks out on their daughter isn't worth the effort." He says weakly, and I can feel my heart breaking into a million tiny pieces.

"They say that if you love something, you have to let it go. So I can't ask you to come back to a life you hate. To people you don't care about. Niall was so torn up about you leaving, Marce. Then you called Harry instead of him. Or instead of me." He continued and I just stare at him in confusion. He really wasn't going to fight for me?

"Louis... Please..." I trailed off. I didn't know what to say. Nothing I could say would make anyone possibly feel better.

"No, Marcie, for once in your life shut up and stop trying to manipulate everything." He snapped, and I could practically see the steam coming out of his ears as his blue eyes looked at me with such hate. "Don't even get me started on Lacey. Do you know that you broke your daughter's heart. You don't deserve her." He continued and I felt tears on my water line, but I willed them not to fall.

"I know I don't." I say weakly, and I are his expression soften.

He just stood there staring at me as I fought to keep myself together. The poor girl next to me was frozen in shock, but I don't think that Louis even noticed her.

I knew that Louis needed to get out everything that he was practically yelling at me. I also knew that he was right. That's why I wouldn't dream of fighting back.

"Why is it always like this between us? How come every time things are finally okay between us one of us royally stuffs up?" He asked in a weak voice.

"Maybe we weren't meant for forever, Lou. I've said it before, but maybe we're fighting fate. We had an amazing run, but maybe we were always meant for goodbye." I say in a soft and sweet voice.

I watch Louis shake his head and his eyes fill with tears that he is frantically trying to blink away.

"Maybe you're right." He finally admits after a prolonged silence.

"I love you so much, Louis William. You taught me so much." The finality that I heard in my voice actually scared me a little. Why was I saying goodbye when the last thing I wanted was for us to leave this rooftop and act like strangers?