Chapter 3

6 years ago

Cole's PoV

I was sitting on the rooftop, watching the sun come up. I have been sitting here for hours, looking through a small box I had. In it were photos. Pictures of the team, my sister, my friends and...

my mom.

I miss her so much. If only she could see me  now. I couldn't stop thinking about Jay, and how he reacted to Nya being pregnant. The thing is, she chose him. Nya only told me was because I was his closest friend, and she wanted it to be a surprise. She was going to tell him last night. I heard footsteps coming my way. I wanted for someone to appear, but no one ever did. That is when I realized it must have been Jay. I look over the side to see him with a large duffle bag. Where's he going, I think. Suddenly he jumps of the ship. Startled, I ran after him. By the time I make it to the side, I see a tiny speck, walking along the road.

Where does he think he's going. I follow.

Unnoticed, I followed Jay all the way to Ninjago City. There I watched as he walked around. He seemed to be looking for something. I continued to watch him, though I started to feel bad. Watching him without him even knowing. Finally, Jay stopped in front of some apartments. I see him go inside. 

I wait.

And wait and wait.

Then, he comes out, without his bag.

" Jay" I call out, catching his attention.

What am I doing, I think. I see him looking at me. His eyes confused and angry." What are you doing here" he snapped at me. I hesitate to respond." What are to you doing here" I copied. Jay doesn't respond." You're following me, aren't you." I still silent, but that just gives me away. Jay turns around to leave." Wait" I cry. He stops. I make my way towards him." Why are you here?" Jay just glares at me." Why do you want to know? Why don't you just go back with NYA" Jay screamed Nya's name, making me flinch.

"What are you talking about. There's nothing between me and-"

" DON'T PLAY THAT GAME WITH ME" Jay screamed, catching attention from anyone passing by." What are you talking about" I pleaded." JUST LEAVE ME ALONE. YOU'RE NOTHING TO ME!"

I felt my heart break. I was Jay's best friend and now-.

Jay turns and leaves, but I run after him." Jay wait" I called out, with tears in my eyes." LEAVE ME...ALONE!" Jay saps lighting at me, making me fly back a few feet.

My vision becomes blurry, and my cheek and left arm feel like their on fire. I hear Jay cry my name from far away, but no. He's right next to me. The last thing I see is my friend kneeling besides me, before my vision goes black.

Time skip (still six years ago)

Where am I? What happened? I can hear voices around me, but I can't make out what they say. I try to open my eyes. I slowly start to see light and then, I see that I'm in a room. A hospital room. How did I get here? I'm laying on a hospital bed, with a machine attached to me. Next to me, I see my sister, Nicole. I groan, making her realize I was awake." Cole! You're okay" she said with joy. I smile.

"What happened."

Nicky tells me of how she got a call saying that I was injured and in the hospital. Once she came, the nurse told her that I got electrocuted. I soon remember what happened. I tried to talk to Jay, but then he sapped me and I blacked out. But I wasn't going to tell her that our best friend, just electrocuted me. I try to get up, but Nicky just pushes me back down."  You should rest,brother. You're injured." "I don't feel injured." As soon as I say that, I noticed my left arm. There was scar running down it to my wrist, and it went through my sleeve. Probably up to my shoulder.

"What gives" I ask.

Nicky handed me a mirror, I took it. Looking at my reflection, I saw the same scar on my left cheek, running down my neck." It goes from your cheek to your wrist" Nicky said with sadness. Jay did this to me? There is a small knock on the door, and the rest of the team come in." Cole! You're awake" Kai cheers. I'm hugged by four pairs of arms, besides Nicky. I look at my fellow ninja, then realize-

"Where's Jay?"

The others look at me with sad and worried eyes." What?" Nya steps forward." Cole-" she started softly.

"Jay left the team."