Tony Stark & Stephen Strange

Tony dropped the glass.

"He's- what? Nu-uh. No way. He doesn't just get to- where the hell has he been? That he thinks he can just waltz in here all high to fucking mighty?!"

As he had been talking, however, a portal had appeared behind him.

Stephen walked through. "Kamar-taj, training in the Mystic Arts. But I have a question for you, Tony."

Tony jumped. "Jesus-" He stared at the still formed portal.

"What the hell is this 'I Am Iron Man' crap?!"

==NYLC==

End of the day, Stephen Strange had come home. He needed his new magic to make himself a doghouse.

(Well he had, fully read to sleep in it if it was what Tony wanted.)

(But then Tony saw the doghouse. He moved Stephen to the couch.)

(Then remembered he had nearly died on that couch- a fact he was set to avoid telling Stephen until Pepper or Rhodey spilled the beans)

(Stephen was moved to a guest room. As Sorcerer Supreme, it would've been more prudent to stay at the New York Sanctum. Especially since the old one died but...Stephen knew he should stay closer to home this time.)

So he was in the 'doghouse'.

==NYLC==

(King...king...I am a king.)

I was born to be a king-

(Odins-)

Laufeyson

They threw me

(I fell...)

==NYLC==

For some people, they would have a few days of quiet between them before they started the fight.

Tony had never been a patient person.

Neither had Stephen.

"You have that on your chest?!"

"Just when did you put pins in your hands?!"

"Iron Man? What kind of bullshit name is that-"

"Did you just slap my ass- okay I'm usually okay with that but not right now- and it was your cape."

It was back and forth for hours. Yet to Tony it had happened in a flash, as soon as Stephen asked that one question.

"You met Loki Laufeyson?"

What was worse was the emotions in Stephen's face. Dismay. Alarm. Grief. Heartbreak. Hope.

"Yeah." Tony held up his glass of scotch. "Came by and left. Pretty much as soon as he saw the name on my wrist. The last name wasn't right."

"But you still think he was our Loki?" Stephen pressed.

(And boy oh boy was that fun to say. Our Loki. Ours. Because he was their Third. He was their Soulmate. Loki was theirs.

And he left)

Tony hesitated. "JARVIS?"

"As it would be, Dr Strange-" Stephen detected some animosity from the AI. "It was indeed your missing Soulmate. He showed me Sir's mark, and was quite relieved to hear that you had been found by Sir. Your absence was much noticed."